Chapter 7: Girls Night

Girls Night

Girls Night

"So how have you been since our last session?" Dr. Leslie Thompkins asked Grace.

"Fine." She replied.

That was a lie, Grace was not fine. Ever since she had broken her ankle she had felt even more useless. It seemed that ever since Dick left everything had gone downhill in Grace's life.

"You know that I can tell when someone is lying?" Leslie asked her. Grace didn't answer she just nodded her head. "Then why are you lying to me?" She continued to ask.

"I'm not." Grace lied, she knew that Leslie could see right through the walls she had built up over the years.

"We're not going to make any progress if you don't open up to me," Leslie told the girl. Grace just looked down at her hands, currently covered in different silver rings. Her knee was bouncing up and down uncontrollably. "So I'm going to ask you again, how have you been since our last session?"

"Do we really have to do this?" Grace asked in annoyance.

"You know we do." She replied back.

'I haven't been great, but it's nothing I can't handle," Grace said with a shrug.

"Anything you want to share?"

"Nope," Grace said, not being able to look at Leslie.

"Grace, how do you ever expect to be Phobia again if you don't open up?" Leslie asked with a worried look in her eyes. Grace didn't know how to answer that question. So she simply shrugged her shoulders.

"I need you to at least try, can you do that?" Leslie begged the girl.

"Okay"

"How has your life been since you broke your ankle?"

"Awful," Grace replied.

"Why?"

"Because I can't do anything," Grace said with an annoyed tone in her voice, slouching back into her chair. "I'm cooped up in my room all day, and I hate it."

"Have you tried talking to Jason?" Leslie asked.

"Ew, no," Grace said. Grace could believe Leslie asked that question, why would she talk to the person who replaced her brother?

"Why not?"

"Why do you think?" Grace replied getting even more annoyed at the therapist. Grace knew it was her job to ask questions, but it still pissed her off.

"Is it because he replaced Dick?"

Shit. Grace had walked right into her trap. If she answered she would start to ask more questions about Dick, and then she would ask her family. So she did what she did best, lied. "No." She said trying her hardest not to show Leslie that she was lying. If Grace Walker was good at anything, she was good at lying. However, Leslie seemed to be even better at detecting her lies.