11. Black Coffee

☕☕☕

It was what could possibly be the last day of the coffee shop. Demolishing would start in three days and Clark had no choice but to come clean about losing the coffee shop. And Amanda didn’t think it was right for her to hide the fact that her father was the one that was demolishing the coffee shop from Clark.

She was all but ready to tell him. She just didn’t know how she was going to come right out and say it.

Not that many people were in the coffee house. She sat by her stool, by the counter and looked to Clark as he made her coffee. Cube wasn’t that far beside him as he also made her coffee. Apparently it was an unspoken competition to see who made the best coffee for her to taste.

She didn’t know how black coffee was going to taste any good for him. She came to the conclusion that she didn’t like too sweet or too bitter thing. Though she had to admit, she liked the cold brew Clark had made her and she had proceeded to tell him so. She already knew which coffee she preferred, and that was going to be a surprise.

Clark and Cube both brought her drinks forward.

“Okay, first you have to taste his,” Cube pointed to Clark. “I want mine to wash all the distaste from that.”

Amanda chuckled as Clark rolled his eyes.

“I think once she tastes mine, she won’t want to be anywhere near yours,” Clark said.

Cube scoffed. “Please.”

Clark slid his cup towards Amanda and she took it. She didn’t want to disappoint any of them. They have both become quite important to her.

She brought Clark’s cup to her lips and winced at the bitter taste. Nope, no way.

She put the cup down and pushed it to Clark who had an adorable frown on his face. She wanted to kiss it away but she stopped herself.

Cube laughed. “You owe me ten bucks.”

Clark turned to glare at his friend. “You are the one that was convinced black coffee would do the trick.”

“Yeah, but not one made by you,” Cube pushed the cup towards Amanda. “Try mine. You won’t regret it.”

“she already didn’t like mine, what makes you so sure she’d like yours?” Clark asked.

“Because unlike you, I know her taste,” Cube shrugged and looked expectantly to Amanda. “Come on Short Black Girl, I promise you’d love it.”

Amanda hesitated a second more before taking the cup. She swallowed, regretting it when the remnants of Clark’s coffee passed down her throat. She brought Cube’s cup to her mouth and took a sip.

Her eyes were closed and immediately widened when she tasted it. This was different.

“Look at what you have done, she looks like she wants to throw up,” Clark said.

“Does she though?” Cube said smugly.

She looked to Cube. “Did you put honey in this?”

Clark’s eyes widened. “Dude!”

“Hey, you never said I couldn’t add in my own recipe,” Cube said smugly.

“Amanda’s deathly allergic to honey!”

Cube’s eyes widened. “what?!”

Amanda nodded profusely as she stood up, Clark moving over the counter to both hide his smile and pretend like something was wrong with Amanda.