13. Frappe

☕☕☕

“Are you kidding me right now?” Clark glared Cube as he found himself in the familiar neighbourhood leading to where the coffee shop was. He didn’t want to see it. Or what was left of it anyways. He was already having a tough time finding a new place to replace it and he didn’t think seeing his shattered dream with help.

“It’s just a road, man. Chill,” Cube said.

No he couldn’t chill. He could already feel his heart pounding in his chest and moisture behind his eyes. He can’t see it. It would dissolve the last of his composure and he will crumble.

“why are we here, Cube? You said you were going to show me a perfect spot for my next shop,” Clark said. “This is not funny.”

Cube spared him a glance before focusing back on the road. “It’s not supposed to be funny. The shop is in this neighbourhood.”

If it was, it meant Clark would have to see his old shop over and over again when he drove to work. Cube was trying to kill him.

“of all places,” Clark groaned.

“Come on, this place is great. And you will surely love it,” Cube reassured.

He didn’t think he was going to love any place as much as he loved his old shop. It was simply that perfect.

Cube made a turn that usually led them to the coffee shop and Clark decided that closing his eyes while they passed by where his shop used to be was ideal. And he did just that.

Cube drove for a while until he pulled to the curb and parked his car. “we are here.”

Clark frowned. It seemed like the new shop wasn’t that far from the old shop. He opened his eyes and looked at the familiar surrounding. His brows knitted together.

What the hell?

When he looked to his right, he saw it and his breath caught in his throat.

The shop.

His shop.

His coffee shop.

He got out of the car as quickly as he could and stared at the building in front of him.

No way. How was this possible?

He turned to Cube who had a huge grin on his face. “Told ya you’d love it.”

Clark laughed. “the fuck!”

“I think you should go in,” Cube instructed.

He nodded and looked back to the shop. It was still here. He looked through the doors and he found himself breathless again.

He could clearly see her. Her tiny frame sitting on the stool he had specifically put near the counter for her. Her braids were pulled up in a ponytail and he could see her she twiddling with her phone. Even from behind he could see how nervous she was. Her shoulders were tensed and every once in a while she’d look at the spot where he used to stand as he served people.

How did he manage to stay a week without talking to her?

Why didn’t he answer her calls?

He wanted to but something had stopped him. Pride. He wasn’t sure.

“Are you ever going to step in?” Cube asked from behind him.

“How?” he murmured in awe.

“I guess she cracked her dad,” Cube said. “She’s been here since this morning. You should get in.”