Reconnecting

Ships: Andrew and Neil, mentions of Nicky and Erik, matt and Dan, and Renee and Allison.

Post Canon

TW: mentions of past sa
Neil's POV

For years after his first year at Palmetto, Neil couldn't believe how lucky he was to be alive. Now he felt content and perfectly happy with life. He was on a major exy team, he lived in a house he helped buy, two perfect cats that loved to cuddle, and a seriously hot boyfriend.

Life was good, even with the mafia taking most of his pay check, not that he actually minded that. He had more than enough money.

The sunlight shined in and Neil laid in bed curled up in its warmth. The cats curled up next to him and he was so happy. The only thing better would've been if Andrew laid with him.

Andrew, was actually getting dressed for his weekly therapy session. His arm bands weren't on yet, a rare and strangely intimate sight. Neil watching him, in awe as always.

He caught his eye, unimpressed. "You're staring."

"You're gorgeous." Neil smiled, and Andrew returned it slowly. Then went back to a neutral face, but Neil felt warm. He loved that smile, but he also loved this face.

"99 percent." Andrew muttered finally putting the arm bands on.

Andrew came over and whispered "yes or no?"

"Yes, always a yes." And they kissed. Over the years Andrew had gradually let Neil touch him more. Neil could touch his chest in certain spots, but he still waited for Andrew to tell him when and where. He wouldn't break his trust.

The kiss lasted longer than Andrew had time for, but they did it anyway. It was comforting.

"Bye junkie."

"Bye." Neil didn't want him to leave, but seeing Bee was important so he didn't stop him.

A little after he left, Neil finally got up and dressed. He stole one of Andrew's team shirts and put on grey sweatpants. He left his arm bands off since he wasn't going anywhere today and just relaxed.

The house was a pretty good size, it had a master bedroom and two guest rooms. One room had a library that the boys were gradually filling up. In the living room there was a whole wall full of pictures.

The biggest one was their team from college. It had been a present from Dan when they moved in last year, it had been taken after they beat the Ravens for the first time. The triumph shown in their eyes and only Neil knew what happened to Riko, at least in that moment. Still, it was a great picture.

Then there were pictures with his old team and his new team. When he made Court, he joined the same team as Kevin, and so did Andrew. The three were still powerful together and kevin was still obsessed with the game. Maybe even more now than in college.

It was nice, no living on the run. Just living in the moment and preparing for the Olympics. One day, Neil thought, we will get there. He knew it.

But today was off season, no exy games and no important appearances needed. Tomorrow he had a party that Allison was throwing, but today was a relaxing day.

He was reading a random book, and listing to whatever was on the radio. The cats laid in his lap and everything was nice and calm.

Until there was a knock on the door.

"People." He groaned. Neil didn't like surprise guests, and he couldn't think of anyone coming over today.

With a Frown he pulled himself up and walked to the door. He quickly grabbed his racquet off the wall display and held it. Just in case.