Kiss Me Sweetly

Prompt: it's Valentine's Day and Renee is not a fan. But maybe spending it with Allison may change her mind?

Tw: slight mention of an ED (not detailed), slight mentions of Renee's past (not detailed), and mentioned of past canon character death (RIP Seth.)

I promise this is pretty fluffy so enjoy! And happy Valentine's Day yall!
~~~
In Renee's opinion, Valentine's Day was a pointless holiday. Despite her being perceived as the eternal optimist, she truly wasn't by nature.

Renee has to work everyday to be optimistic and cheerful. Nice and calm. Be the "angel" everyone expects from her. But she can't figure out how to do that on Valentine's Day.

She never had a valentine before. When she was younger holidays meant nothing to her. She didn't see the need of them when her life was spent in a gang. She was a busy girl.

But then Stephanie Walker came into her life and introduced her to Christianity. And with that came a new appreciation for the holidays. Christmas and Easter were important to Renee, but Valentine's Day? Yeah she couldn't care less.

Maybe it's because couples always made such a fuss over the day. Usually straight couples screaming their love for each other in everyone's faces.

Maddening for single people. Renee always felt behind with everyone being all lovey dovey. Why did this holiday even exist?

She was sure she could as Kevin, their team's history nerd, and he would tell her. Or she could look it up herself but she couldn't be bothered.

What was the point? Not like it would magically make her like the day. It wouldn't magically get her a girlfriend to celebrate with.

No, Renee thought, she just wouldn't ever like Valentine's Day.
~~~
Exhausted after a long practice, Renee was ecstatic to lay down and relax. She had three classes before afternoon practice and she was just not in the mood for anything else.

Well anything that involved moving.

"Renee!" Allison called from their bedroom, the three oldest female foxes all shared a dorm room. "Going to order dinner, pizza okay?"

"Sure!" She called back. Pizza sounded good enough.

Allison was in the room for a while so Renee assumed she called in their dinner. It was nice, just the two of them for once. Dan usually had Matt over or they were dragging one of their other friends over.

But because it was the most boring holiday of the year, most everyone she knew had a date tonight.

She would've thought Allison would've had one, but she had asked her this morning if she had any plans.

There was a knock at the door. Before Renee could get up Allison walked out of the bedroom and got it. Renee turned and her eyes widened.

Over the pink dress Allison was wearing, was one of Renee's large soft sweaters. Her heart fluttered at the sight.

Her heart had been fluttering for Allison for years now so it wasn't unusual. But seeing her in her clothes? Only God knew how much she wanted to kiss her.

"One large vegetarian and cheese pizza!" Allison cheered, holding the box up like it was an exy trophy.

Pride hummed in Renee's chest. Allison struggled with food, caused by a childhood full of cruel comments. To see her excited about food made Renee wanna cry.

"Smells good." Renee said kindly. "Is that my sweater?" She laughed to show Allison she wasn't upset.

Allison smirked and got them some pizza. Renee shook her head but her smile wouldn't leave her face.