Birthdays, Baskets, and Foxes Oh My!

Prompt: Easter, trans visibility day, and Neil Josten's birthday!!!!

Triggers:mentions of child abuse, mentions of forced feminization (brief and as a child), mentions of frued (as a joke), and murder mentions. I promise this is mostly fun.

There's two days Neil Josten didn't overly celebrate. One was his birthday the other was Easter.

For one, his birthday was never something he wanted to celebrate. Especially the random day he picked.

And two, Easter was pointless to him. He wasn't Christian. And he just didn't understand the hype if he was being honest.

However, his team decided he would be celebrating both this year. He had gotten by with not celebrating the year prior but his foxes were determined to celebrate this year. For whatever reason.

Neil was currently hiding in Andrew's bed. His was literally under the blanket cuddling Andrew's waist. It had taken awhile before he was allowed to go do this but it was worth it.

Andrew gently stroked his hair and said nothing. Neil hummed a little. He was enjoying this. Even though the blanket made his face hot and the material felt strange.

His peaceful morning was disturbed by someone opening the door. Neil made himself go very still and was glad that the blanket was pretty thick.

"Andrew! Where is the birthday boy?" Matt's voice called out. He was surprised Matt wouldn't knock, but whatever. He was spending too much time with Nicky.

"I'm not his keeper." Andrew responded, gripping Neil's auburn strands. Neil had to fight back a laugh. "If you lost the junkie not my fault."

"Minyard," Matt sighed. "Just if you see him bring him to my dorm. Nicky is setting up Easter baskets and then we're taking Neil out."

Neil waited until he heard Matt leave before moving the blanket off him. Andrew looked unbothered as his hand went back to stroking his hair.

They said nothing for a few minutes. Neil melted into the comfortable silence and wished they could spend the entire day away from everyone else. But his family wanted to celebrate and who was he to deny them?

"Drew," he muttered. "We should probably go."

Andrew shrugged but let go of Neil's head. Neil smiled to himself as they climbed down, knowing Andrew was only going so easily because it was his birthday.

It didn't take long to get dressed, Neil stole on of Andrew's shirt and pulled it on over his binder. Andrew just rolled his eyes.

Neil pulled on a comfortable pair of shorts and headed out. The pair walked over to Neil's old dorm room and he could smell pancakes from outside the door.

Not bothering to knock because everyone was expecting them, Neil just opened the door and was shocked by the sight.

The original foxes, as Allison and Nicky nicknamed them, were sitting in a circle on the ground with baskets infront of them. They were the only two missing and from the look on Nicky's face they would not be able to escape the circle.

"NEIL! ANDREW! HAPPY EASTER AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEIL" Nicky screamed. Neil resisted the urge to cover his ears.

He let himself be pulled over next to Nicky, and placed in front of a large orange basket. He saw Andrew's was black, and Nicky's was rainbow. Dan had a matching orange one, Matt a nice blue, Kevin a green one; Allison pink, Renee had a tan one, and Aaron a white one. They all matched their personalities.

"Okay everyone!" Nicky clapped his hands. "The Easter bunny was very nice and brought us baskets last night."

"The Easter bunny doesn't exist." Kevin grumbled.