A Daughter's Worry

The sounds of screaming and crying weighted the air down of the arena

The sounds of screaming and crying weighted the air down of the arena. Siren was held back by Stormer as she thrashed his hold to escape, tears pouring from her eyes as she screamed.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" Siren screamed which fell on deaf ears as Stormer kept her back while trying to calm her down. The person she was trying to reach, was a lifeless and missing Quza Core William Furno who laid on the ground with his Quaza nothing but a pile of dust that was lost in the winds.

"SIREN CALM DOWN!" Stormer yelled as he held the blonde back. "MOMMA!"

__
_

Siren shot up from her sleep as she quickly slapped a hand over her mouth to surpress her scream. Her breathing was heavy as Ruth stirred in his sleep at the foot of her bed while her eyes without her glasses for sight studied her surroundings.

She couldn't do so for long as her tail and ears twitched at the familiar sound of a baby crying. Without her glasses, Siren grabbed her phone while she went to the control panels for her animatronics and activated Moondrop to help take care of Lilith before the others would be waken up from the baby crying. She was lucky she could see her phone screen dispite how it was a bit blurry with how close it was to her face.

She knew Surge was practically nocturnal at this point of knowing him but she still didn't want to worry him. Siren put her phone back at her end table as she buried her face in her palms with a drawn out sigh.

That nightmare felt to real to her, and given it was the day after the first day of the first Hero Factory tournament, where after the final match not only herself but Wolfie and Surge had a feeling something was going to happen.

It also terrified her of loosing the only mother she had, given her biological one wasn't even close to decent and Furno was a male, but Siren still saw Furno as the only mother she had and the thought of that happening scared her beyond anything.

Siren looked at the alarm clock which the numbers on it were an icy blue color which read one twenty two am. The blonde Witch Shapeshifter sighed as she buried her face back in her palms. Given the tournament, she needed to grab as much sleep in her system as she could.

Siren carefully threw the blankets off her person, being mindful of Ruth who still slept as she held her plush in one arm and walked to her door, using her tail to help guide her without her glasses. She opened the door and peeked around the corners into the hall.

She was quite aware when it came to the nights, Surge was mainly downstairs occupying the kitchen and the living room. But of his practical eighth sense made Siren on edge a bit especially of that Dark Purge.

Siren shook her head of the bad thoughts away to push them back as she walked to a heroes bedroom, her tail helping guide her from running into things as she held her beloved Snow Tiger plush Tigger in her arms.

She made it to a familiar baby blue and white door, using her tail to slowly open it seeing Stormer stir a bit as he looked to the door while his eyes slowly opened.

"Siren?" Stormer asked to make sure as he sat up. Siren gave a quiet nod as she held her plush in her arms in a tighter hold, she could hear her Uncle Robert's voice in the back of her head saying "hug him any tighter and you'll squeeze the stuffing from his seems" which made Siren loosen the grip on her plush a bit.

Siren was the height of an average small kid in their world, such as Kuro, so Stormer had to make sure as his eyes weren't focused before they did as she nodded. "Kid why are you up? What's wrong?" He asked her as he sat at the side of his bed. "I-I had a nightmare. I-It was-" Siren didn't let herself finish her sentence as she whimpered at the flash of Furno's lifeless body on the ground of the arena appeared in her head.

Stormer sighed knowing why she came in here as he got off his bed and walked towards her. Siren kept her gaze to her bare feet on the floor, before she was picked up in a bridal carry by Stormer as he closed the door then carried Siren to his bed.

He sat Siren down near the wall of it as he sat next to her which Siren laid down, her face buried in her plush. "What was it about?" He asked her, noticing how her form tensed at the mention of the nightmare. "Hey it's okay." He reassured her, "I don't wanna talk about it, it scared me bad." Siren spoke quietly as her voice shook with her being near the brink of tears.

Stormer sighed as he laid down and let Siren snuggle to his side as she held her plush in arms, her eyes immediately closing at the comfort she always got being around her dad as she immediately fell asleep before her tears had their chance to fall.

Stormer gave a soft smile before he perked at the sound of his door making him look seeing Breez entering the room. "What's up Natalie?" He asked her, "The fact I heard you talking to someone-" Breez cut herself off as she noticed Siren's sleeping form next to Stormer, clinging her plush like her life depended on it. At times it was like that if Siren wanted a decent amount of sleep since it kept her nightmares at bay for a certain amount of time.

"What happened to Siren?" She asked in a quiet tone that was almost a whisper to not wake the Witch Shapeshifter. Stormer sighed, "She came in here since she had a nightmare, she didn't want to speak of it so it must've been bad." He told her making Breez give a quiet awe.

"Poor girl." Breez said as she walked over and sat next to Stormer. Stormer sighed, "I'm guessing your spending the rest of the night here as well?" He asked her earning a sheep smile from Breez, "Yup." She replied making Stormer roll his eyes as he manuvered himself and Siren's sleeping form to give Breez room to lie down.

"Why did I start dating you?" He asked jokingly making Breez roll her eyes as she laid against him. "Because you know you love me." She said making Stormer chuckle a bit at that. "Yeah I do." He replied as he let sleep take him again as he held both his daughter and his girlfriend close to him as the slept.

" He replied as he let sleep take him again as he held both his daughter and his girlfriend close to him as the slept