Epilogue: North

Share your thoughts in Facebook or Twitter by using the hashtag #RTVillainess! 

Enjoy reading North's POV!

#RTVillainessNorth

"NORTH, I'M SORRY. Mama and Papa need to go somewhere. Bring Yaya Meding with you in school, okay?"

Then I felt my Mama kissed my forehead as I eat my cereal.

That's my first memory of my Mama and Papa always leaving for work. To serve the country.

Since then, my dull life became duller but it gets a bit better when I'm with my best friend, Austin.

"Did you see the girl from the Padua's?" Austin's smile is wide as he said that.

"Who?"

"The black-haired girl! The one with all smiles! She's pretty . . ."

I scoffed at Austin. Don't tell me he's already smitten by a girl he just met? I didn't want to believe it. However, looking at his smiling face, I believe he is.

"Her name is Jamila."

"Who?" my forehead creased.

"The girl I was talking about earlier. Narinig ko lang sa bisita ni Mama. Si Don Tiago," sagot ni Austin.

"Oh."

"I heard kasama ni Don Tiago 'yung anak niya, but I didn't see her earlier. They said that she's timid."

"Oh."

"Are you even listening to me, North?" natatawang wika ni Austin at tumigil sa paglalaro ng car racing arcade sa play room ko.

"I am. I'm just not interested."

"Too bad. I heard she's pretty."

"Being pretty without a substance is a no, for me."

"You haven't even met her dude," napapailing na sabi ni Austin.

"Do you want a girlfriend already? We're just fourteen?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko sa kanya. I thought he wants to establish a stable job first before falling in love?

"No! I'm just saying— Ugh! Nevermind! Let's just play!"

When I saw Jamila, I admit. The pace of the beat of my heart quickened and it felt like everything was in slomo as she walked and smiled.

She's pretty.

But then I forgot about her eventually.

"Be careful."

I heard her gasped and that's when I felt the familiar beating of my heart.

But this time, it's different.

It felt like I immediately knew that she's the one—and I'm in love.

I didn't see the slomo, but it's like she's glowing. Like an angel sent from above.

Pero siyempre, hindi ko sasabihin. Hindi ko ipapahalata. Kaya nga lahat ng pang-iinis at sarkasmo sa loob ko, nilabas ko na. But it was like I am being pulled by her glowing brown orbs. Hindi ko maalis ang mga mata ko sa kanya.

Damn, girl. Who are you to terrorize my heart?

I found out that she's the Padua heiress, Brielle Chantal Padua. My mother likes her so much because she's full of sense. Though, they say she's quiet, but it doesn't look like it?

She's pretty, but stupid. Alam niyang allergic siya sa hipon pero kumain pa rin siya ng tempura. Baliw lang.

After the party, I thought that it would be our last meeting. Her father told everyone at the table that night that she'll be studying in a business school in U.K.