Chapter 15

#RTVillainess15

NAKATUTOK LANG ANG mga mata ko sa cellphone kong patuloy pa rin ang pagtunog.

Litong-lito, gulong-gulo ang utak ko kung bakit tumatawag ngayon si North sa akin. Galit siya sa akin 'di ba? I still remember what he said back at the field earlier this afternoon. Kaya, ano ang rason niya para tumawag ngayon?

But then I remembered Austin's words. North's life is always in danger because of his parents.

Is he in danger now? Does he need help?

I gasped and without thinking twice, before the call was even dropped, I answered it.

Nawala na rin sa isip ko na may mga bodyguard nga pala siyang laging kasama, nakabantay, at nagpoprotekta sa kanya kahit saan siya magpunta.

"Hello, North?"

Walang sumagot sa kabilang linya. Ang tanging naririnig ko lang ay ang tunog ng paghinga. Inilayo ko ang cellphone ko para masigurong ongoing pa ang call.

"Are you . . . okay?" I asked.

Still, I didn't hear anything from the other side. I just let my phone on my ear for a while until he dropped the call. Inilagay ko sa bedside table ang cellphone ko habang nagtataka pa rin sa nangyari.

I looked at the book I wrote once again and my forehead creased when I noticed something.

The word 'stopped' was removed because of my tear. It even blurred out that Brielle tripped in the pageant while walking in front of the audience.

North calling the girl he loves . . .

Austin said that North likes me.

Does this mean that I can change the story? I don't know if this is luck, or a tragedy in disguise that could bring my downfall faster.

I gasped in realization and went to some parts that I wanted to change. I erased the part that Brielle has long brown wavy hair. Nagmamadali akong pumunta sa study table ko para kunin ang correction tape ko at burahin ang linyang 'yon.

Brielle's brown wavy hair was shoulder length and always made her stand out.

I grinned and ran inside my walk-in closet. My mouth gaped when I saw my hair changed.

Ang ganda ko!

Namamangha kong tinignan ang sarili sa salamin at hinawakan ang buhok ko habang nakangiti ng malawak. It's true! I can change the story!

I ran back to my bed and immediately flipped the pages to the part where Brielle died on her own.

Brielle survived the operation she had and she did everything to make her second life a better version of herself.

I smiled after writing those lines. I waited for a few seconds but the words I covered resurfaced again.

What?

Hinanap ko ang parte kung saan tinanong ni Austin si Jamila para maging girlfriend niya 'to. This will happen on the last day of the Foundation Week.

The original scene should happen in front of the whole crowd of the concert.

In the rooftop, while watching the concert from above, Austin asked Jamila the question he had been keeping from her all this time since he realized his feelings for her. Austin kneeled. He looked straight into her eyes, and asked Jamila if she wanted to be his girlfriend.