Prologue

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. -Isaiah 41:10, here is the word of the lord."

"Thanks be to God." the church echoed.

I closed the Bible and walked off the podium to join my mom in the front pew.

She smiled at me and squeezed my hand as I took my seat beside her. We sat rigid as Pastor Burke took to the pulpit. He looked over the congregation, wiping the sweat on his forehead with his handkerchief.

"Hallelujah!" Sister Gloria shouts out beside me, making me jump. I side eye her for the mere fact that she was being extra already. This was a norm for her.

Pastor cleared his throat, looking down into his bible, before he started speaking.

"Fear though not!" His voice resonates around the congregation. "For I am with thee.."

"Preach it pastor!" Sister Gloria eggs him on.

"Some of us are living in fear.  How can you say you are a believer in Christ, and you are living in fear? God is speaking to you fearful Christians! He says, fear not!" Pastor bellows and the congregation goes into uproar.

I nod along to his message as I can feel the message being delivered directly to me. I am living in fear and I'm ashamed of that.

I know that God is all powerful but I am scared of this battle that he has given me to fight. I pray daily and nightly for strength so I can carry this cross that I was given, but I'm scared that I'm not strong enough.

When pastor asked me to read today's scripture verse I was excited. I love to read the word of the Lord. When I learnt that it was this particular verse, I knew God was sending me a message. He has been sending me this same message over the past year.

"Be not dismayed! For what?" Pastor continued.

"For I am thy God! We serve a great, big, wonderful God! We serve a God that created the world in a matter of days! We serve a God who wiped out an entire nation by flood! We serve a God, who sent a boy and some stones to defeat the enemy! We serve a God who sent plagues to torment those who enslaved his people! We serve a God who died on the cross and rose again so that we might be saved! Be not dismayed!" Pastor bellowed.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I lifted my hands in the air. I felt the Holy Spirit moving through the room and I couldn't contain myself, I started to scream.

It's like I was transported to a different realm as I couldn't hear pastor nor the other members of the church. I felt I hand touch me and I voice calling my name. It wasn't a voice that I recognized but it kept calling my name.

"Grace. Come find mi." That's all they kept saying over and over again.

Eventually, the voice disappeared but a more calm one took its place. I recognize it as the voice of God.

"I know this burden is heavy my child. I know you want to give up but your purpose is not yet fulfilled. Hold fast, remember the words of the prophet Isaiah. I am with you."

As the voice fades, the sounds of the church comes into focus.

I find myself on my back, laying at the alter. Looking down I see they laid a piece of cloth over me. Sister Gloria and the other member of the prayer group has surrounding me with their eyes closed, earnestly praying.

I can hear Pastors voice over the microphone shouting out.

"Cover your child Jesus! Father God a pray a healing touch over her now! Father God you are the master of the universe, you are the healer, you are the protector God. Touch her now father! I declare healing now Jesus. Father God we call on you now savior!"

As pastor rambled on, I couldn't help but drift back to the two voices I heard. One, I've heard before while under the anointing of the spirit, he always speaks to me. The other one is new.

Who is he? And why is he telling me to come and find him? How is he connected to my purpose?

Opening my eyes once more to see my mom looking at me with concern. I sighed, as she held unto my hands pulling me up.

I'm wrapped up in her embrace was I stood firmly on my feet. I gently rub her back as I could feel her crying against me. This has been just as hard on her as it has been on me.

"Everything is going to be okay mommy. God has a plan for me." I tell her, hoping to not only convince her but myself.

I just need to figure out what the plan is and how the person in my vision connected to it.