Chapter 7

Isaiah

"Are you sure I didn't get you in any trouble?" I inquired while speaking with Grace.

She ended up leaving the studio around 1AM last night in a panic. I thought it was because of the incident earlier, she had fainted in the middle of her praying and I moved us to the couch. However, she was mumbling that her dad was going to kill her so I figured strict parents.

That's typical of Christian parents though. To be cloaking up their 20 year year old daughter inside.

"No, everything is fine." Her soft whisper like tone came over the speaker.

I closed my eyes as the familiar calmness I feel when she speaks to me bathe me. This girl is special.

"Are you at the studio again?" She asked and I sighed.

I left the studio right after her last night and I haven't been back. I have the recording of her singing the song from my dreams on my hard drive and I'm not ashamed to say that I have been obsessively listening to it all day.

She sounds exactly like how I heard it in my dreams.

"No, I'm home today." I say, looking out at the waterfront view in front of me.

I love staying here when I'm in Jamaica. It's the only place where I have found some semblance of peace over the past six months. It's my escape from my cruel reality.

"Well, I was going to grab some lunch in town and I was wondering if you wanted to tag along." She said in a rush.

If I wasnt paying attention I probably would have missed it. This is her first time initiating anything like this so I definitely couldn't tell her that I have a online meeting with my label execs in the next hour.

I had to make use of this opportunity.

"What you planned on getting?" I asked while getting up from my seat on the patio lounge chair.

"I was craving some lobster to be honest." She says and I nod.

"Lobster? I think I know a spot that you may like. Can I come pick you up?" I asked.

It's not a date or anything but I don't want us to drive separately.

There was a pause and I was scared that she would turn my offer down.

"As long as you get me home in time. It's too early to have a repeat of last night." She says after a moment and I smiled.

That makes me super happy.

"I have no issues with that. I'll get you home safely. Will you be able to be ready in an hour?" I ask and she replied with an affirmative.

I felt giddy at the prospect of actually having lunch with Grace. I want to spend an unexplainable amount of time with her and I'm not even scared by the thought of it.

" okay, I'll text you my location."

"Awesome, see you in an hour." I say and then hung up.

I did an embarrassing happy dance around the living room of my villa. I felt alive in this moment and I stood basking in the feeling. I haven't felt much of anything in a long time.

Sending a quick text to my assistant, I cancelled my label call and headed for my bedroom.

What am I going to wear?

.
.
.
"How me live a Bay suh long and never know bout this place?" Grace says in awe, while she looks around the restaurant.

I chuckled