Chapter 8

Grace

"Hey baby, Tyreek is here to see you." My mom says as she pokes her head around my door.

I looked up from my reading with a shocked expression.

Wah Tyreek would a do here? He has never come to my house before all when I used to invite him in high school.

I looked down at what I'm wearing and decided to change into something else. I'm currently in my lounge wear and that's not appropriate for seeing visitors.

I quickly change into a cute dress and hauled on my Bridgett's before walking outside.

Nobody was in the living room and I turned around confused. I looked outside and nobody was there either.

Then a prank my mother really a play on me?

"Mommy!" I yelled and she answered me from inside the kitchen.

"A prank yuh a prank me?" I asked her and she stopped mixing the juice to look at me.

"Prank? What are you even saying Gracie?" She asked with a chuckle.

"I don't see Tyreek out there suh?" I tell her

"Oh him down by the guard house. Apparently he and you have plans? Kevin say he is waiting in a car." She tells me and I looked at her confused.

After me and Tee never make any plans.

"Girl hurry up before the taxi man charge the boy extra. Look how long Kevin call up here."
My mom says fanning me away.

"But.." I say and she shushes me.

"He's gone to Kingston for the weekend. Go have fun with your friend."

She says and I smiled.

"Okay, later. Love you." I say kissing her cheek.

And rushed to my room to grab my phone and purse.

I was down by the guard house in record time but I didn't see a taxi there. As a matter of fact, there was a black Range River parked outside the gate.

That's definitely not Tee.

I approached Kevin, the security with a puzzled look.

"Kevin, yuh tell mommy seh my friend is here?" I asked him with uncertainty.

He smirked at me before he nodded.

"Yuh know dah vehicle deh?" He asked gesturing towards the Range and I nod slowly.

I saw it last week at lunch.

"I said a friend and you mother assumed so mi never correct her. Yuh nuh in a nuh danger, him cool right?" He queried and I nodded quickly this time.

"Ah, do yuh thing." He says and opens the gate letting me through.

I walked timidly towards the passenger side of the car and the locks opened loudly.

I got in and shut the door before turning to look at a smirking Isaiah.

"Hello Grace." He says with a slight American accent.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Hello Isaiah. Are you trying to get me thrown into a dungeon and locked away for all eternity?" I ask and he laughed while backing the car away from the gate.

I was kinda joking but  I'm serious.

"Grace I haven't seen you in over a week. I had to take my chances." He tells me as I drove out of my community.