CHAPTER THREE

"Yae?"

Miko passed by her and sat on her couch, "Makoto," Miko stared at her, Makoto could could tell she wanted to talk.

"You look troubled, you usually are never negative.." Makoto could see Miko's feelings most of the time, she was her best friend, beside Ei, but not anymore, fuck her.

"It about your sister." Miko looked down with s disgusted looking face.

"Oh archon, what did she do this time..?" Makoto took a seat next to the kitsune and put a hand on her back which made chills spark down Miko's spine, she was in such a vulnerable state.

"Uhm, she- ah.. Well she slapped me, I guess." Miko couldn't look Makoto in the eyes, did I really just tattle on The Shogun?

"Oh dear, why is that?" Makoto had a stern but concerned look on her face.

Miko took a breath in.

"I just teased her a bit- NO, I DIDN'T EVEN TEASE HER. I made a novel about her and I and she was some-how offended by that, it was just about the two of us, wasn't anything mean, it was about our friendship," she mocked. "waaaa ur wasting my timeeeee"  , "what isss thisssss??!!" HOW ABSURD. HOW DARE SHE EVEN. SHE DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE, NO REGRET. NOTHING!" Miko huffed with voice cracks.

"Oh, oh my." Makoto stared at her with wide eyes.

"Oh heavens! My apologies, I'm so sorry for lashing out like that I didn't wish to- I just, oh dear"-

"No! Miko." Makoto stared at Miko longingly and sympathetically. "Don't hide your feelings, you can rant to me whenever, love." Makoto gave her a small reassuring smile.

Miko breathed out and smiled back, "There's something oddly different about you and Ei,"

"Hm, is there now? And what might that be." Makoto hummed looking torward her.

"Ei has an electrifying feeling to her, but you, you have a sweet and warm feeling, Makoto."

Makoto grabbed Miko's cheek and pulled her in as they embraced a passionate kiss.

It lasted for a few seconds but it felt like years.

Ei..?

"I love you Miko." Makoto smiled.

"No. nonononono-" Miko got up quickly from her seat. "I can't have this right now, I'm so sorry, I can't return the feelings, oh my- no no no.." Miko rushed out the door as tears flooded her eyes, she ran out held back her sobbs, she ran into the town to leave Makoto speechless.

The city stared, wondering "why is Gujji Yae speed walking through town with her head down, what happened?"

No no no no, that's horrible, why did I think of HER, OF ALL THINGS. WHY HER? I'm such a terrible person.

Miko walked through an ally and plopped on the ground Miko immediately broke into ugly sobbs,

familiar thoughts came rushing through her head again.

how could i be so ignorant,
this is horrible
why am i like this
i miss ei
i miss her
i shouldve stayed and talked to my archon
my archon.
i miss my archon
i want to kiss my archon
i hate being this way

"Gujji Yae," A familiar purpled haired twin approached her.

"Ei"- Miko started but was cut off, "I am no longer Ei to you, I am your archon."

Miko shut her mouth and her eyes filled with tears.

"You were supposed to be at the publishing house, that's your duty, you weren't there." The Shogun stared at her with an electrifying glare.

"I didn't feel well." Miko gave her a sly gaze with teary and red eyes.
it burned.
it hurt so bad.
like her throat was going to explode and die.

"Be here tomorrow, you will regret it if you are not." The archon was so unbothered by Miko clearly terrible state, Ei walked away, almost stomping.

she's not going to run again.

"Oh, Almighty Shogun," Miko wiped away her tears.
"Why be so cruel." The sly woman grabbed the Shoguns shoulder with voice cracks. "Why leave me to suffer, with no one."

"Shut your mouth"— Ei was shoved to the ground.

"Are you aware of how lonely I was for that entire century, you didn't talk to me, you left me for your Plain of Euthymia, do you know how cruel that was? You have no right to avoid me." Miko kicked Ei lightly with her foot.

"I am your archon, I have any right to do anything I want to you." Ei grabbed Miko arm to help her up, "Shall we settle this with a battle?"

"Soon, not now, soon." Miko stared into the archons soul.

"I see." Ei turned and headed home

didn't say a word.

Miko walked home satisfied,

I will win.