08 | Your voice has gotten deeper...

"Sooo... what did you think of the match?" My brother asked and I rolled my eyes, already anticipating that question. We had just arrived home from the game and I couldn't be more happier to see my beautiful apartment. I needed a break from all that cheering..

"It was... interesting in a way.." I said thinking back to when I saw Mason Mount for the first time in a very long time. We both took a seat on my couch and I watched him raise an eyebrow.

"Wait, so you'd actually go again?" I gave him an 'are you serious' look and he just nodded, "worth a try I guess.. anyway what did you find interesting?"

I rolled my eyes, "you won't let this go will you?" He nodded his head vigorously, "ugh, fine." I sigh, "your friends were really funny towards the end, they kept clowning one of the players and when Jackson fell over? That was hilarious. And I guess watching every get so excited when the other team almost scored .. but I still don't understand how thrilling they can find it though." I decided to keep the Mason thing to myself, knowing that my brother would freak out if he knew I used to know him.

"Oh man, Jackson was hilarious." My brother and I both started laughing, "hey if you want, you can join us at the pub tonight?"

I thought about it for a moment. My brother's friends can be fun to hang around with but sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable by their constant attempts to flirt with me. Especially when they're drunk.. "Is it the one you always go to because a lot of footballers have been seen there?" I raised one eyebrow. If you haven't noticed already, my brother is obsessed with football.

"Maybe..."

I sigh, "I'm not busy tonight so.. yeah I can tag along."

"Cool. And if you want you can invite your friends.. like Willow?"

"Yeah, I'll text her to see if she can come."

————

"Right. How do I look?" I exited out of the bathroom giving Willow a quick twirl. I was wearing a forest green satin crop top with some skinny jeans and a bit of jewellery. We're only going to a pub so I didn't see the point in dressing up too fancy.

"Absolutely

"Absolutely. Yes. 100% yes!" I began to blush from the shower of compliments she was giving me. After high school I drifted off from all off my friends except for Willow. I get an occasional text from Kirstie every now and then but the conversation never goes far enough for us to want to meet up or anything.. but Willow stuck by me through everything. To be honest, if she never put in the extra effort to stay in touch with me, I'd probably have no friends. I'm not great with social interactions, especially meeting new people. That's only because to most people, I come off as I guess... bitchy. But I can't help it. My sarcastic nature somehow always breaks through the barriers. And don't even get me started on the eye rolls..

I let out a sudden huff of laughter.

"What?" Willow asked. She ran to the mirror to check her appearance, "do I look funny? You gotta be honest because I need to find my future hubby! My boyfriend fever is skyrocketing at the moment!"