Talking

A/N: Talks of self-harm.

Third Person P.o.V

"Hiva, did you hear any of that?" Kyoka asked as she moved the headphones away from Hiva's ears. Denki tried to signal a warning but relaxed when Hiva just turned to her. "We're going to the school pool over summer break. You gonna come?" Hiva shook her head.

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't swim."

"Then why don't you come to just hang out?" Hiva shook her head. "You sure? I don't want you feeling left out."

"Thank you, but I'm sure." Denki frowned slightly as Kyoka walked away, and Hiva tilted her head.

"You okay?" He nodded and left a quick kiss on her lips.

"Just a little curious." Hiva tilted her head but then nodded. She made a small 'come here' motion and Denki leaned forward.

"I can't swim," she whispered. "And I don't want to go and not swim."

"I could teach you," Denki offered.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

---

"Baby!" Hiva grunted at the weight that suddenly collided with her. "I thought you weren't coming."

"I got 'Veeves'ed," she mumbled with a glare in Izuku's direction. Said boy smiled innocently, and Hiva flipped him off. Denki tilted his head at the interaction. "He has Kacchan for Katsuki and Veeves for me. I hate it!" Izuku's smile became a guilty one. "Now I'm Veeves again, meaning I can never say no to him again."

"Why?" Denki asked.

"Because I'm not a monster!" Hiva exclaimed. "Little shit always guilting me into things!"

"I'm sorry, Veeves," Izuku squeaked.

"Stop apologizing!" Hiva ordered.

"This is what talking to you is like," Denki joked.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that." Denki flicked her forehead, and she nodded. "Ah, I did it again."

---

Hiva looked up when her notebook was snatched from her hands. Her angry look fell when she met red eyes. "Whatcha doin'?" Katsuki asked as Hiva moved to the side to give him some room.

"Just a project." She tried to snatch the notebook back when Katsuki sat next to her, but he moved it out of her reach to read what she had.

"'Aiko: Puppeteer, Hajime: Luck,'" Katsuki read, "and your name just has a question mark." Katsuki handed the notebook back to Hiva with a raised eyebrow. "What kind of project is that?"

"I'm just trying to find the similarities between some Quirks," Hiva answered. "Took a break to just refresh, and now I'm coming back to it since it's summer. It gives me time to actually get things done."

"That's a weird project."

"I know." They both sighed and faced forward. "What are you doing over here anyway?"

"Deku secretly hit me with 'The Look.'" Hiva shivered at that. "Yeah, you're the only one that works on."

"You just pretend it doesn't." Katsuki rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't gonna do anything, but I don't want a repeat." Katsuki held his hand out, and Hiva chuckled.

"I didn't realize we were still five," she teased as she took his hand anyway. "Damn, Zuzu." Hiva sighed before doing what the green-haired boy obviously wanted. "I'm sorry I punched you."