Face-off

'He's trying to get into his head, and it's working.'

"You really are similar to the previous One For All successor, Shimura Nana."

"Do not sully the name of my honored master... with that filthy mouth of yours...!"

"She was a woman of no skill whose ideals got ahead of her. She was an embarrassment to me as the one who created One For All. She died in a really pathetic way. Where shall I start...?"

"Don't listen to him!" Hiva shouted. "He's trying to piss you off. Don't let him."

"Enough!"

"Damn it!" Hiva yelled as All Might raised his fist to bring it down on All For One again. Smoke wrapped around both of them, and Hiva was in All Might's place a second later. A large explosion sent her into the air and almost into the reporting helicopter, but she slowed to a stop and hung onto one of the prongs. "I couldn't touch him. That was the perfect chance, too." Another attack flew towards her, and she blew it away and off course. Hiva pulled herself up and knocked on the helicopter's window before sliding the door open and swinging in. "I know it's your job, but you shouldn't be here. I'd leave if I were you. You'll get yourselves killed." She jumped from the helicopter and landed, sighing when it made no move to leave.

"Hiva!" Hiva froze at the little voice that called out to her. She turned, and her eyes widened at the sight of Hajime's panicked face, the heroes below the rubble shouting at him to get back.

"This isn't a safe place for a child," All For One stated, lifting his hand. Smoke gathered around Hiva and flew towards All For One, throwing him into the air. Another tendril of smoke wrapped around him and pulled him back into the ground.

Hiva turned and ran to Hajime, wrapping her arms around him and sliding down the small hill. "You okay, kiddo?" Hajime just whimpered and hid his face in her shoulder. "It's okay. You're going to be okay. I'll make sure you and everyone else gets out of here safely." Her eyes glowed as she spoke. Buildings shifted and picked themselves back up and stood how they once were. Black smoke wrapped around the victims and kept them as still as possible to carry them to a safer place without causing more injury.

"You're gonna beat him, right?" Hajime's voice was small and terrified.

"All Might has it. Don't worry."

"But he looks so different." Hiva sighed. If even Hajime could see it, All Might might've been doing worse than she wanted to admit.

"He won't beat me," Hiva assured. "I'm staying to help. You have to go with the heroes, so I can do that, though, okay?" Hajime slowly nodded and let Hiva lay him down. The smoke covered him, and she finally noticed the odd angle of his leg and the quiet wheezes coming from his lungs. Hiva shook with rage as she looked back up the rubble. She threw her arms out to send the smoke farther out and then raised them to force the buildings to stand. She floated up and glared at All For One, the smoke furling from her eyes and creating an almost villainous face over her head.

"You fucked up." Hiva wanted nothing more than to shove All For One's face into the ground over and over until he stopped moving, but she had to play rescue first.

"Have any emergency vehicles arrived yet?" Hiva called down, panting slightly from the effort.

"They're on the way," one hero replied. Hiva sighed.

"Good," she grunted. "This should be the last of them." Hiva sent out another wave of smoke as the last civilians floated over her head to safety.

"Thank you for the help." Hiva hadn't even heard the sentence, falling to the ground, the force creating a crater under her feet. Black fire flew from her eyes as she watched the fight between All For One and All Might, waiting for the perfect time to jump in. She sped forward before she could second guess herself, brushing All For One's shoulder as she passed.