Wild, Wild Pussycats

"I just got off the phone with Uncle Nori," Hiva said as she walked into her room. "Turns out I was wrong about nomus." Hitoshi raised an eyebrow.

"You can be wrong?" Hiva scoffed at him.

"Fine, not wrong, just off," she corrected. She went over to her chalkboard. "They're dead."

"Huh?"

"They're dead," she repeated. "They've been changed to handle multiple Quirks." Hitoshi gave his head a little shake.

"How did you get him to tell you that?"

"Remember what you read in the notebook?" Hitoshi nodded. "No one's supposed to know that, so keep your mouth shut."

"I feel like an accomplice," Hitoshi grumbled. "You said you were like the nomus." Hiva frowned at Hitoshi's worried gaze.

"Do I look dead or disfigured to you?" Hitoshi tilted his head with a stretched-out 'well', and Hiva threw a piece of chalk at him as he laughed.

"No, you don't." He threw the chalk back.

"Now, from what we know about Sero and his mission, that's probably the first event on the timeline," Hiva began. "Maybe the alive versus dead is what makes me different." Hitoshi watched Hiva ramble with confusion. "If it's as many Quirks as I think, there should've been disfiguration caused anyway." Hiva pressed her pointer and middle finger into her temple. "Scars. Scars count, right? Yeah, they count." Hiva pulled her hand away and bit her thumbnail.

"So-" Hitoshi stopped when she smacked the board.

"I got it!" She turned to Hitoshi and punched the air. "I got it!" Hitoshi put his hands up.

"Well, care to explain." Hiva started talking as she wrote on her board, drawing lines between words to show how they connected in her head. She turned to Hitoshi with a bright smile and held her arms out.

"See?" Hitoshi stood up to study the board.

"You put the tiniest of pieces together, don't you?" He patted her shoulder, and she bounced proudly. "Now what?"

"We keep it close."

"Until?" Hiva shrugged.

"Don't know, but we're ahead."

"We don't seem ahead," Hitoshi mumbled.

"We are. Trust me." Hitoshi sighed and shook his head. "I'm serious." Hitoshi nodded.

"Okay." Hiva patted his shoulder.

"Don't miss me while I'm gone." Hitoshi gave her a weird look.

"You mean at summer camp?"

"Mhm." Hitoshi's eyebrows furrowed like he was trying to study her.

"What's up?"

"Be prepared for some surprises." Hitoshi scoffed at her little smirk.

"Stop messing with me!" He pushed her, and she stumbled to the side with a laugh.

"Never."

---Hiva's P.o.V

"U.A. has finished its first semester and started summer vacation," pops told us. "However... those of you trying to be heroes will not receive days of rest at this summer training camp, we'll have you aiming for even greater heights- for 'Plus Ultra'!"

"Yes, sir!" we replied. I jumped at the hand on my shoulder and turned to Hanta.

"You feeling okay?" I nodded.