My Hero

"Why...? Why are there villains here?!" Mineta cried.

"Hiva!" I heard what sounded like Izuku running forward, but his steps stopped. I yelped when the ground under me moved, taking me away to behind Tiger and Mandalay.

"Oh, no!" I turned to Mandalay, and Izuku did the same. He gasped.

"Kota-kun!"

"Shit!" Aza shrunk back to her original form and floated back to me. My nose twitched at the sudden smell of rotting lavender that practically punched me in the nose. "Pops."

"Shin-" I ignored Mandalay's voice and poofed away to the camp. I got there in time to see the blue flames rush forward and held my hand out. Black smoke wrapped around the flames, suffocating them into disappearance.

"Oh, you." I relaxed when I saw that pops had already gotten out of the way. "I see we already got a good hit in." I forced a smile as black flames circled my hand. They shot towards him, and a pile of sludge was the only remainder.

"Hiva!" I looked up at pops as he dropped from the building. "What are you doing?" His eyes widened, and he put a gentle hand on my head. "It sounds like this only just started. How are you already bleeding?" Pops wiped some of the blood away, and I hummed.

"Sorry, I thought it was just a scratch." I backed away when he tried to put an arm around my shoulders. "Is Kota here?"

"No, here's not."

"Then I have to find him." Pops grabbed my arm when I turned away. "Oh, right, I'm pretty sure they're targeting students I just don't know which ones."

"Then I need you inside." I shook my head. "No, I have to bring you inside." I pulled my arm away. "You knew I'd do this. Why did you come here?"

"Because I knew you were in trouble."

"I'm a hero, Hiva. I had it handled."

"Well, last time, you didn't." Pops stopped and let go.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm not saying you're less of a hero, but the last time I saw you in trouble and didn't do anything, you got mummied." Pops frowned, and I could tell he didn't know what to say.

"Go find him." I hummed in surprise. "You can use your Quirk. Just get there and back."

"Thank you." I backed away as I spoke. "I'll be back in a minute." I jumped into the air and flew toward the mountain. 'That's a big guy.' I thought when I saw the man that I didn't recognize.

"Kids are always shifting the blame like that." I landed and punched him in the face in the process. I kicked him, and he flew back into the mountain.

"I probably should've asked, but he is bad, right?" I checked. Kota nodded quickly. "Okay, good. That means you should probably get out of here." I turned and noticed Izuku, so I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him to his feet. He stumbled into me, and I patted his shoulder. "You should go too."

"I'm not leaving you alone."

"I won't be alone. I'll have this guy to keep me company." I heard the rocks shift and turned back to the villain. "Is that fucking Muscular?!"

"It's rude to interrupt." I put my arm up to block his punch and groaned at the crack and the feeling of my feet leaving the ground. My shoulder hit the ground first, and I rolled to my feet.

"Yup, Muscular," I grunted.

"As I was saying, kids are always shifting the blame like that. That's no good. It's not like I have a grudge about this eye or anything, you know. I just wanted to kill. And those two wanted to stop me." 'Kota's parents.' I looked over at Kota and back to Muscular. "It was the result of all of us doing what we wanted. What's wrong is wanting to do something you are unable to do. Like you're mommy and daddy!" I heard Izuku jump through the air, and I did the same. "Which means you're coming, now aren't you, you piece of trash!"