Villains

Hiva's P.o.V

"Hear any of that?" I turned to Shigaraki and tilted my head.

"Any of what?"

"The news." I shook my head, and he chuckled a bit. "Well, I'm really great full for all the publicity we've been getting. Hey, don't you agree...?" I shrugged.

"It depends on how you want to think about it," I answered. "Right now, it's the reason staying low is the best option for you guys." I felt Ayame's burning gaze pierce the back of my head and sighed. I heard the door close and turned to look behind Ayame to Dabi.

"Shinso, come." Ayame growled but turned to Dabi. "Not you, dumbass. The little one." He turned to me, and his tone changed. "Come on." I hummed at the weirdly gentle voice but followed.

"Where'd you go?" I asked, trotting after him to the bathroom. He lifted the items in his arms to signal he stole from some store. "Why? We have to lay low."

"A thank you would be nice," he replied while shoving a box of pads into my chest. "You're welcome." I tilted my head at him. "Kai." I huffed but thanked him. "Up." I hopped on the counter between two sinks and watched Dabi unwrap my arms and head. I hummed at the familiar look on his face.

"You're either an older brother or dad," I observed. "Too young for dad. Do I remind you of a sibling or something?"

"Shut up before I set you on fire," he threatened. "Turns out I wasted my time and energy. You're fine." He turned and quickly left the room.

"Thank you!" I called after him. 'I was right about something. That was an odd reaction.'

"I'm just doing what I'm told!" 'He doesn't seem the type to follow the rules either.' I shrugged and slid off the counter to go to one of the bathroom stalls. I sighed when I left the bathroom. A hand on my shoulder kept me from going any farther. I turned and sighed at Ayame.

"You are far more devious than I thought. I raised an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She scoffed.

"You're doing what took me years," she hissed.

"Okay, same question." I shrugged her hand off my shoulder, but she grabbed me again.

"Somehow, you have Tomura wrapped around your finger," Ayame finally explained. "Congratulations on getting Dabi too."

"Shigaraki, maybe, but Dabi's just following orders."

"What? You think Shigaraki is ordering us to make you comfy? No one's comfortable here! What did you do?" I shrugged to answer and to get her hand off of me.

"Nothing," I replied. "It never crossed your mind that I'm just likable? Unlike you, Ayame, I don't need to play with people's heads to make friends."

"You are nothing more than a manipulative bitch, and I'll make sure Tomura knows it."

"Okay, Ayame." I turned and walked away, taking a deep breath when I went around the corner. 'God, I hate it here.'

---

According to the news, everyone but Ragdoll was safe and accounted for. Those unconscious or injured were safe but in the hospital to be monitored. It seemed that they wanted to be sure that there were no lasting effects. They were also naming me a hero. I learned the villains' real goal and sacrificed myself for the safety of my friends and heroes. I wanted that to happen, but the name still made me cringe. I grabbed the remote and clicked the television off. "I'm getting sick of hearing that," I grumbled as I patted Aza's head.

"Um, Shinso..."

"Hiva," I corrected Magne. "What's up?" She took the bar stool beside me.

"I wanted to apologize for that." Magne pointed to her head.