07

- the hex witch -

- 07 -

Now that Elijah was back, Sylvia couldn't help but feel content. She thought she would see a fight break out between the brothers for the hybrid's actions but when she walked downstairs, they were reading peacefully. Klaus and Elijah sit opposite each other in the living room as each of them read their own book. Klaus is reading "A Poison Tree" by William Blake, and Elijah is reading one of his mother's grimoires. A dead girl lays on the coffee table, her neck bleeding from puncture wounds, while they listen to classical music.

"Wow, this was definitely not what I expected" the woman muttered before walking to the kitchen. She was quite hungry but seeing the woman's blood on the coffee table, she quickly lost her appetite. Sylvia heard the three siblings bicker as Rebekah entered.

A few moments later, Elijah joined the redhead in the kitchen who was looking through the fridge for something to eat. "Good morning"
"Morning" Sylvia replied, taking out a bottle of juice then turning to look towards him.

Rebekah enters through the back door, dragging a trashcan behind her. Sylvia was looking for a glass but couldn't find one, the only place she knew was at the bar but those were specifically for alcohol. It seemed as if Elijah read her mind because he took out a glass from a cupboard that the woman didn't even look in. "Thanks"

The pair were gazing in each other's eyes that they didn't notice Hayley in the same room until she spoke up. "Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" Just like that, the moment was ruined. "Speaking of, add bleach" Rebekah stomps through the kitchen and into the living room to clean up the mess the boys left. Elijah digs around in a cupboard while Hayley pulls ice cream out of the freezer, and Sylvia sips on her juice.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you both in my absence" Elijah stated, looking at the redhead. "In your absence, as you like to call it-- which is a way-too-polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart-" Hayley starts to speak, not realizing the things going on around her. She looks up to see Elijah bringing a bowl, a spoon, and a bag of cereal to the counter. "I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my baby is Lucifer"

Elijah smiles sympathetically as he pulls milk out of the fridge, pours Hayley a bowl of cereal, and then fills it with milk. When Hayley realizes that they had milk all along, she looks slightly guilty and embarrassed. Elijah turns to face the redhead who was about to slip away from the conversation, and a frown etched on his face. "And what about you, Sylvia?"

The redhead stopped and smiled when Elijah said her name, realizing that she likes the sound of it on his lips. Before Sylvia could mutter out a word, deciding not to tell him every detail, Hayley spoke up for her. "She was poisoned, but killed lots of witches and vampires"