08

- the hex witch -

- 08 -

Sylvia Maximoff left the house for a couple hours, needing to be in a calm peaceful environment. It's become a habit for her, to take at least a couple hours in a week or two to let the energy flow through her. If she doesn't, the energy starts controlling her, making her actions reckless.

The last time she checked in with Wanda, her and Vision were laying low in Scotland, still completely in love with each other. Sylvia was extremely glad for the couple but wondered how does one find someone they love no matter what happens. How does one trust someone else as much as they trust themselves. She's never fallen in love before, sure there were a couple people before but looking back on those memories, it was never truly love. It was just the desperation of fulfilling the need to be loved, to be cared for like no other has done for her. Sylvia laughed at the thought of falling in love again, she would never believe that someone would fall in love with her without fearing her power.

Sylvia went out of the city for some peace. Letting the humming energy grow louder as she embraced it, letting it become a part of her rather than being afraid of it. The truth was, she was terrified of her power, but she would never let anyone see that, never let anyone see how much she hates herself for that part of her. Every time she failed at using her power, she cursed herself and it reminded her of the times where they would punish her. The only reason she was pushing through was for her siblings, but after loosing Pietro, it's been awfully hard to keep going. Sylvia wished that her brother was still here, she just wanted one more moment with him, just long enough to properly say goodbye. She missed how he would use his speed to prank the redhead. In return, she would use her own power to create illusions to prank him as well.

Even though the woman had her sister, the two grew apart after they lost Pietro. They cared and protected each other more than ever, not ready to lose another sibling, but they barely spent time together. The only times were when they were on missions or at the compound. Especially now as they were on the run, Sylvia dearly missed her sister, she longed for her sister's hugs. Sylvia had so many people that cared for her, even if the Avengers disbanded, they would still have her back, but it doesn't hide the loneliness growing on her.

Now, living with the Mikaelsons, it showed her a different perspective of life. A couple of months ago, she never knew that the supernatural existed. Yet, when she met the oldest family of them, she wasn't afraid as much as she expected to be. Sure, she never got used to the sight of them feeding on humans, the very humans she'd sworn to protect when she was an Avenger. Sylvia wondered if that word still described her, after all, she killed witches and vampires. That wasn't the problem though, the real problem was that she'd do it again without any questions asked.

Residing with the family who don't think twice before killing someone who crossed him, it should've made her run the other way but something kept her here. Perhaps it was someone, but she didn't know who. The main reason she stuck around in the beginning was because she was interested in vampires, and Elijah was someone she'd grown to trust. She had a similar idea as Rebekah, of leaving after Elijah returned but in the meantime when she's had become acquainted with Klaus she wanted to stay. She'd seen the side of the hybrid that she knew no one but her family had seen. Above all, instead of hating her for her power, he was infatuated with it, even after she used it on him more than once. Truthfully, she was happy to share and show her power to him, especially when she shared her mind connection with him.