09

- the hex witch -

- 09 -

Sylvia felt bad for leaving Elijah in the Bayou, but she kept convincing herself that it was fine because Hayley was with him.

Klaus told her that he wasn't finished painting, and that she'd have to wait a bit longer before she could see it. Sylvia found it attractive that the man knew how to paint, as if he wasn't already attractive enough. The moments of her and Klaus in his room were on the redhead's mind in a constant loop, playing over and over again like a broken record.

Sylvia knew of her feelings towards Klaus, but she just didn't want to properly acknowledge it. Mainly due to the fact that it'll be real if she does, she wasn't ready to believe it is real. Someone took a liking to her despite her powers, despite the fact that she killed many people. Well, coming from a hybrid that would kill loads of people for the littlest reasons, it shouldn't matter but it did. Especially since she is on the run, the redhead believed that she didn't want to bring his hopes up if she would only bring them down when she has to move.

Living in the bubble of peace - as peaceful as it can get with supernaturals - Sylvia did not want to focus on her problems, but she knew she had to. She needed the technology to find out if HYDRA was nearby, and only one person had that sort of technology. Tony Stark. Well, Sylvia could've asked Shuri but she didn't want to give her another responsibility, as she is already doing them a big favour.

After a rather awkward and annoying breakfast with Rebekah and Klaus, who would keep arguing, Sylvia decided to call Tony. That was twenty-four hours ago. Since she started using her new phone, she knew that the number would be permanently known to Tony once he knows who it belongs to. She took that risk of contacting an avenger, as the only people she's called with the new phone was Hayley, Rebekah, and Klaus.

Tony did not pick up, sending the call straight to voicemail. One of his habits were that he wouldn't call back unless he received a voicemail, but Sylvia did not want to say anything if someone else could hear it. She decided to use the idea that her and Tony once came up with, and she was glad they did even if it felt useless at the time. Instead of speaking, they would spell their name using the letters on each number. For Sylvia, it would be 795842. It would've been hard to recognize the specific numbers, but Sylvia and Tony spent hours familiarizing themselves with the tune for each number. He would be able to recognize the name with the tune of the numbers.

The ex-avenger sent that voicemail twenty-four hours ago, and did not receive a response. She was worried about the man, despite their love-hate relationship, she was grateful that he gave her a place to live.

Meanwhile, Hayley and Elijah were at the Bayou where the latter is laying on a bed in Dwayne's old shack, tossing and turning restlessly while Hayley stands at his bedside and tries to give him some water. "Here, drink this" Elijah drinks from the cup she offers, but he immediately starts to gag and cough. It's obvious that he's pale, sweaty and miserable, but he's also upset with Sylvia. He did not expect to see her side with Klaus, but then again, he does not know what happened between her and his brother while he was gone.