10

- the hex witch -

- 10 -

Sylvia Maximoff, and the two original vampires were moving out of the mansion into the compound. A blue truck is parked outside the plantation house. Movers are packing up what appears to be a big painting into the truck. "Absolutely not, I paid for that" Rebekah scolded the worker which made Elijah scoff "Please. You never paid for anything in your life"

Rebekah was now offended "I hardly see how that's relevant. Nik's just punishing us"
"Well, we've hurt him. Deeply, it would appear" Elijah walked towards the front of the house while Rebekah trailed behind. "We believed the worst about him, the one time in a million when the worst wasn't actually the truth" Elijah starts to walk away. "Where do you think you're going?"
"To make sure Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes. Niklaus is feeling vindictive. We cannot trust that she is safe" Elijah leaves the house, leaving Rebekah with Sylvia.

Sylvia didn't have many belongings as she was constantly on the move. Truthfully, she never even properly moved in to the mansion in the first place, as all her clothes were still in her bag. When Rebekah first told Sylvia to pack her things to move with them, she didn't think she was serious. She moved into the mansion because Elijah brought her in when she fell asleep, and he even got her bag from the hotel. Then everything else happened, and she never got the chance to say goodbye to the Mikaelson family. Now, she didn't want to, so she was glad when Elijah confirmed his sister's requests of moving in with them. Though, she knew that it wouldn't be just the Mikaelson family, it would be Marcel with his vampire clan too.

She walked to the kitchen to get a tub of ice cream. It would've melted anyways, so she might as well have it when it's still good. Rebekah walked in the kitchen, catching the redhead with a spoon in her mouth. Deciding not to comment on it, the blonde joined the woman as she took out another tub. Breaking the silence Rebekah spoke up "I'm surprised you still chose to stick around"
"Why is it so surprising?" The redhead remembered her conversation with Hayley, when she first met her who was also surprised that she was still here.

"One, you're still human. Two, you've seen how my sibling and I argue. Three, you're still human. You don't need to stay with us, fighting our wars but yet here you are"

"It sounds like you don't want me here, Rebekah" Sylvia teased the woman who immediately started shaking her head "no, I do want you here. I'm just surprised you chose to stay"

"I enjoy being around you guys. As long as no vampire feeds on me, I'll be fine"
"They'll be dead before they feed on you" Rebekah reassured. "I don't know how to feel about that, Klaus and Elijah also promised that too"
"Well, we are the Mikaelsons after all"

A few moments of silence went by before Sylvia spoke up, the playfulness in her voice disappeared. "Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah, anything"