Rain (RenxReader)

my boy got some baggage, okay? just love him.

---------------------------

The season for warm weather was quickly coming to an end. You and Ren had been taking every opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy the last bits of sunshine before the season changed. Today, the two of you sat on the dock by the lake, you kicking your feet in the cool water. A soft breeze ruffled Ren's hair as he laid on his back next to you.

"Ah, I wish the weather would stay like this forever." You stretched your arms over your head. "Oh! We should go swimming!" You turned excitedly to Ren. He opened one of his eyes and looked up at you.

"Eh, we didn't bring swimsuits or towels." He dismissed the idea, closing his eye again.

"Whaaat, we don't need that stuff. We can just swim naked and the sun can dry us." You gave him a big smile and his eyes shot open.

"No fucking way. Not happening." He sat up, waving his hands. You pouted and stared down at the water. Ren sighed. "We can swim tomorrow. Looks like it might rain today, anyway." You looked up at the clouds.

"You think so? I think it looks pretty clear." You'd barely gotten the words out of your mouth before a raindrop fell and hit you on the head.

"Told ya, so." Ren raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Let's head back."

"It's just a little rain. Come on, Ren." You grabbed his arm as he tried to stand up. You didn't want to leave yet. As much as you loved getting to spend time with everyone in the house, there was something special about this time the two of you spent together. You didn't want it to end yet. Ren paused for a moment, seeming to have given in to you, when a bolt of lightning split the sky.

"Get up, we're leaving." He got to his feet, grabbing your arm and hastily pulling you with him. You picked up your shoes and followed after him. A loud roll of thunder filled the air and you both jumped. In seconds, a torrential downpour had started. Ren grabbed your hand and you both started running as fast as you could back towards the house.

"Ow ow ow!" You tried keeping up with him but rocks dug into your bare feet and you winced.

"Hurry up, will ya!" Ren shouted over the deafening rain. He turned to see you hopping around from foot to foot. He groaned, pushing his soaking hair back out of his face and stopping in front of you. "Get on!" He let go of your hand and crouched down. Any other time you might've put up more of a fight but right now you just wanted to get out of here.

You wrapped your arms around Ren's neck and hopped onto his back, his hands grabbing you around the thighs. He grunted, shifting your weight before continuing his sprint for the house. You gripped tighter onto him, burying your face into his neck to keep the rain out of your eyes.

"We're not gonna make it! The house is too far." You had walked at least an hour to get to the lake. There was no way you'd be able to get back in this downpour, especially with Ren carrying you. "Let's just find somewhere to wait it out!"

"Alright alright, I know a place." Ren squinted through the rain, dashing off the path and into the trees. There was another crash of thunder and you jumped, pressing closer to him. "We're almost there." He squeezed your legs and you felt your heart warm at the small gesture.

Several minutes passed before you could see a small structure nestled between the trees. As you got closer you could see it was a small shed. Ren ran up to the door, kicking it open with his foot and going inside. You slid off his back and he hunched over, his hands on his knees. He took a minute to catch his breath before leaning against the wall and sliding down to the floor.