Thieves (OziasxReader)

There is a POV change in this story. It's going to start out in Oz's POV and switch to Y/N's. If you don't know who Ozias is, he's the younger of the minotaur brothers. There's a picture of him on my twitter.

this kind of goes on forever because tbh i didn't want to stop writing about him :') also i included a bit of backstory because why not but TW for death and some general sad vibes. but it's only for a short section.

-------

"Do you think I could land on my feet if I jumped off this cliff right now?" Agrios leaned forward, looking down over the steep drop.

"I think you'd absolutely die." Ozias glanced down at the jagged rocks. Agrios rubbed his chin.

"Yeah, but could I land on my feet? That's the real question." Agrios asked again, squinting one eye and motioning with his hands, trying to predict the spin of his jump.

"Hmm," Oz looked at his brother and then at the cliff again. "I think you'd definitely land on your feet. No doubt about it. So really there's no point in trying, cause we already know the outcome." He shrugged, and Agrios nodded.

"You're totally right, Ozzy. Plus, it'd be a pain trying to get back up. I mean, that's like 50 feet down there or something." Agrios walked away from the cliff, hopping up and grabbing onto a tree branch, swinging back and forth.

Ozias laughed, shaking his head. Despite being the older brother, Agrios sure didn't act like one. Oz was just glad he was around to be his brother's voice of reason.

"I'm starved." Agrios swung off of the tree. "Let's go home."

"Alright. We should take the shortcut by Mythos's house, their berry bushes should be ripe for the picking." Oz gave his brother a mischievous grin. Agrios clasped his brother on the shoulders, shaking him as they walked.

"You're a genius, Ozzy! Just gotta watch out for that scary guy. He pulled my ears last time we got caught." Agrios rubbed his long ears, frowning. Oz laughed.

"Don't worry, we'll be extra sneaky this time. He won't have a clue."

The two walked home, chatting and carrying on until they came up the hill near Mythos's house. Oz turned to his brother, placing his finger in front of his mouth. Agrios nodded and the two quietly snuck up to the back of the house.

"Looks like they're all inside." Ozias whispered, peeking around the bushes. Agrios's attention had already been drawn to the berries, all caution thrown to the wind. He began plucking them off and popping them into his mouth.

"They're perfect." Agrios said, through a mouthful of berries. Oz shushed him again, hearing movement in the garden. He leaned forward between the bushes, trying to see who was coming outside.

The white haired boy, Ren, who had been staying at the house for a couple months now was walking outside with someone he'd never seen before. He watched closely as the two made their way through the garden.

When the other person turned around, Oz's heart skipped a beat. They had the most beautiful smile on their face and he found himself unable to look away. He leaned forward further through the bushes, trying to get a closer look. He was so distracted, he didn't notice someone approaching.

--------

"The thieves are back again." Mot called out from across the garden and you looked up, pulled out of your conversation with Ren.

"Thieves? There are thieves here?" You'd always heard horror stories about the Outskirts but before you came here Ren had assured you that it wasn't that bad.