Sleepover (RenxReader)

This is a rambling mess. idk why i added so much unnecessary stuff LOL but whatever
i just wanted an excuse to talk about my favorite himbo. 

i also really can't resist adding random plot information that makes sense to no one but me (': SORRY

-------------------------------

The cool air nipped at your neck and you shivered, pulling your jacket tighter around yourself. The seasons had finally changed and the crisp autumn breeze wasn't about to let you forget it. As a result, the streets of the 3rd district were far less crowded today than they were the last time you and Ren had been here.

"Maybe I should ask Tolliver to make me an enchanted weapon too." You thought out loud. "I wonder what would suit me best? A sword? A knife? Oh, what about a scythe! I saw Mot use one once and it looked so cool!" You gushed and Ren scoffed.

"Why do you need an enchanted weapon? It's not like you're gonna be doing any serious fighting." Ren glanced at you, absentmindedly running his thumb along your clasped hands. You'd insisted on holding hands while you were out today. Ren had put up a fight but eventually gave in to you.

"You don't know that! I mean, Mots training me for a reason, right? Might as well be prepared." You admittedly didn't know much about the dangers that worried your housemates. They never seemed to want to let you in on too many of the details, insisting that the less you knew, the better. Ren squeezed your hand, his jaw tensing slightly.

"I said it's not gonna happen. You don't need it." You frowned at him and he sighed, clearly done with the topic. "Anyway, we should grab something to eat after this. My stomachs eating itself."

"Ooo, like a dinner date?" You gave him a sly smirk, bumping into him with your shoulder. Ren flushed, looking anywhere but at you.

"Yeah, like that." He mumbled and your stomach fluttered. You hadn't expected that response. You smiled brightly and held on to his arm, trying to contain the giddy feeling bubbling inside you. Ren continued to try to ignore you, finally making it to the shop and heading inside.

"Welcome back!" Tolliver called. He was perched on top of the counter and hopped down to come greet you both. He appraised you, your hands still clasped tightly together, and smirked. "Seems there's been a development since we last met." You smiled and nodded excitedly, Ren letting out an exasperated sigh.

"We're not here to talk about that, I just want my knife." Ren gave Tolliver a warning glare and the man laughed cheerfully.

"Oh what a shame. I wanted to hear all the juicy details." Tolliver teased. He slid behind the counter and reached down, picking up a small wrapped parcel and handing it to Ren. "One enchanted knife, as good as new."

Ren unhooked his hand from yours and took the knife out, examining it closely. The two men began talking in depth about the item and you decided to take the opportunity to look around the shop. Despite Ren's insistence, you really did think it would be a good idea to get a weapon. It's not like having one could hurt, right? You walked through the shop, examining the different items and mulling over the idea in your head. You'd crouched down at a display near the door when it swung open suddenly. You hopped up, trying to move away but instead found your face smashing into someone's bare chest.

"Hey, Tollie! Oh shi-" The man reached out and steadied you as you were nearly knocked backwards by his giant pecs bouncing against your head. "Whoops, my bad! Didn't see ya there." He laughed, sticking his thumbs into the straps of his suspenders. You looked up at the giant of a man, trying to regain your composure. He had long wild red hair and two black horns, one had seemingly been snapped in half. You tried not to focus on his chest but it was directly in your face and he wasn't wearing a shirt.