seven. the talk

amara davis, aged 16 for the time being

"WAIT, YOU'RE NOT GONNA sue me?" i question with wide eyes. i'm flabbergasted ( am i using that in the right context? )!

the two "heroes" glance at each other, then burst out laughing. "please, who — laughter — who told you we were here to sue you?" asks tony as he wipes the tears from his eyes.

Cap waves his hand dismissively. "no, no, we just want you to take the tweets down."

oh. there's the catch. i mean, i can take the tweets down, but like, what would i gain by that? the whole point of me posting the tweets was to call out the avengers because obviously no one's ever done that before. instead of criticism, they receive praise in the media. not today.

"hmm," i hum, tapping my chin as i pretend i'm considering his request. "unless you've got something to give me in exchange, it's staying up."

the laughter stops.

"okay, yeah. i knew this was how it was gonna go down." tony murmurs. he reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a notepad along with a pen. he writes something on it before sliding it across the table to me.

my eyebrows scrunch up as a frown takes over. "you're giving me your fucking autograph in exchange?" then realizing there's an elder in the room, i glance over at steve. "my bad for the language."

anyway, back to stark. he was unbelievable. here's my hot take on him that no one asked for: tony stark is overrated!

i think i rather be sued.

"kids your age usually think this type of thing is ..." he trails off.

"i'm turning seventeen in a coupla days, not seven." i hissed.

the two glance at each other once again, a silent conversation has taken place. steve is the one to talk this time. "when exactly is your birthday?"

"the eighteenth."

"so on thursday?"

"that's the eighteenth, isn't it?" i snapped.

tony rolls his eyes, muttering something similar sounding to "smart ass", but i leave it alone. "alright fine. since you don't wanna be cooperative and take the thread down, we'll leave you alone." says iron man. he takes his autograph back as he gets up ( what a shame. i coulda sold that and made money! ).

"you know where the exit is!" i exclaim once they're out of my sight. i hear the door click shut, and exhale relief.

despite what tony said, there's a thought in the back of my head that says they aren't gonna leave me alone, and this is not the last time i'll see them.