Ch. 8 How did he survive!

Tony converses with Pepper about what he plans to do with Stark Industries while Holly silently listens to them inside the limo. 

" I think it is best to close Stark Industries temporarily," Tony looks at Pepper. 

Pepper stared at Tony with mixed emotions. 

" Why?" Pepper asked, looking surprised. 

" Since I am the owner of Stark Industries, I can check which employee sold those weapons to my kidnappers," Tony firmly speaks. 

Pepper glanced at Holly, seeing the young female stare at them. Holly noticed Pepper staring at her, and she nodded. 

" I think that is a good idea. How long do you plan to close the company? Because I know some employees will complain that they no longer have a job and can't afford to care for their families," Holly looks at her father. 

" I will have J.A.R.V.I.S. look through all the company's files. It may take at least a couple of weeks due to how many companies I own," Tony slowly rubbed his chin with his injured hand, causing him to wince. 

Holly lets go of her father's arm, and she nods. " Since it might take a couple of weeks. You can pay your employees during that period so that they can at least have money to support their loved ones," She softly smiled. 

" As always, you have a heart of gold, thinking about others," Tony warmly smiled. 

" Well. You are the Boss, Dad. If you want people to work for you, you must pay them since they will not work for free. That's how life is," Holly tells her father. 

Pepper worriedly stared at her hands, thinking about what she would be doing during those weeks the Stark Industries would be close. 

Tony noticed Pepper's worried expression, and his gaze softened. " I still need my amazing assistant by my side," He speaks, causing Pepper to stare at him. 

Holly amusingly stared at Pepper and her father. She has always found them adorable. And she knows that the two care about each other dearly. 

" What are you going to do about Obie if he turns out to be the one that sold those weapons?" Holly asked. 

Tony and Pepper turned their gaze to Holly. 

" Even though he was close friends with your grandfather, I must protect our family's company. So, I will fire him and have him get arrested for selling our products without my permission," Tony firmly speaks. 

Holly grabbed her father's hand, and she lightly grasped it. 

" Dad. I will be here for you through this ordeal," Holly's bright green eyes intently stared at her father's brown eyes. 

Tony's gaze softened, and he nodded. " When we get home, can I show you something?" He asked. 

" Of course," Holly nodded. 

An hour later, the limo arrived at a Burger King. Happy turns his head back and stares at Tony, Holly, and Pepper. 

" Want me to go through the drive-thru?" Happy asked. 

" I don't want to deal with anyone at the moment because I know once people see me, they will try to film me, and I don't want my enemies to know that I am alive just yet," Tony speaks. 

" So drive-thru it is," Happy looks away and drives to the drive-thru. 

" What do you want to get from Burger King, Sweetheart?" Tony turns to Holly. 

" Can I get an Oreo Cookie Milkshake and a Whopper with a side of fries?" Holly asked. 

" Sure!" Tony nodded. " What about you, Pep?" He turns his gaze to Pepper, causing her to stare at him. 

" A Cheeseburger with a side of fries and a Coke," Pepper responded. 

" Great!" Tony beamed. " You heard all of that, right, Happy?" He asked while turning to Happy. 

" I sure did. And you want your usual, Boss?" Happy asked. 

" Yup!" Tony nodded. 

" Dad. Are you okay with me telling Sirius that you are back with us? Since he was with me when Luna told me of your whereabouts, he is aware that you are alive. But, I want to know if you are cool with it since I plan for Sirius to tell Peter," Holly looks at her father. 

" Yeah! You can tell Sirius that I'm back. I want to see the kid. I miss him so much," Tony softly smiled. 

" Okay!" Holly nodded. She grabs her cell phone and begins to text Sirius, informing him that she was with her father and that he wants to see Peter when they come to the Stark Manor from the Zoo. 

Five minutes later, Happy gets everyone's orders, giving them to Tony. Tony takes the two bags and passes the food to Pepper and his daughter. 

" Thanks, Dad!" Holly takes her drink and food, and she begins to eat her lunch. 

" Thank you," Pepper takes her drink and food, and she begins to eat her lunch. 

Tony happily stared at the two most important women in his life. During his time with his captors and Dr. Yinsen, his daughter, grandson, and Pepper were all he could think about since he didn't want anything horrible to happen to them if he somehow died. 

Two hours later, the limo arrives at Stark Industries Headquarters, where Tony has been working since his father, Howard Stark, died in December 1991. 

Happy gets out of the limo, and he opens the door, helping Tony, Pepper, and Holly step out. Meanwhile, Neville drives Holly's van into the company's parking lot since he, Luna, and Steve want to witness Tony speak to the reporters. 

Inside Stark Industries Headquarters, Obadiah Stane stared at the security video in disbelief when Tony stepped out of the limo with Pepper and Holly. 

" How did he survive!" Obadiah slammed his fist on the table, looking furious to see that Tony was somehow alive. He then saw reporters starting to arrive, which made him worry. 

Obadiah composed himself, and he left Tony's office, unaware that Tony's A.I. named J.A.R.V.I.S. had been observing and hearing the man wanting to plot his creator's death ever since Tony got kidnapped. Not only that, J.A.R.V.I.S. recalled the older male calling the Stark Princess a brat and how if she tried to compete against him for CEO, he would also have men kidnap her and sell her to the black market. 

' I do not appreciate someone wanting to cause harm to those I love,' J.A.R.V.I.S internally speaks. ' Once I am alone with Tony, I shall reveal everything to him,' He leaves his creator's office and follows Obadiah through the security cameras.