Chapter 3

"Yeah this one's cute!" I watched my dad sigh in relief when my friends and I finally agreed on a picture

We had been constantly bugging him to take pictures of us since the start of the party. "Thank God" He handed me my phone and escaped from us.

"Sue show" I showed her the pictures. Navya didi is bhaiyya's age. They studied in London together and are really close. She's basically like my big sister.

"Navi I've been looking everywhere for you" Bhaiyya dragged her away from us. "Acha suno [Okay listen] don't make some new best friends when you get there"

I rolled my eyes at my best friends. We sat on the sofa as we chatted. There were only a few close friends here. My mother had arranged everything perfectly.

"You should totally hook up with hot American guys" Ananya leaned in and whispered. Shanaya snickered at her suggestion.

"Annie!" I shouted in a hush tone. "What?! Or girls your choice" I smacked her leg. "Shut up" I told her. "Alright but it's true you gotta have some fun"

Shanaya supported Ananya's suggestion. "Guys I have fun without men" They rolled their eyes. "It's been ages since you dated" Ananya pointed out.

"Yeah ever since you and that mystery guy you never told us about had a falling ou-" I stopped Shanaya before she said anything further. "Look can we not talk about that?"

I shuddered at the thought of dating anyone. It was true I hadn't been involved with anyone since my time with- "Ahaan!"

I was rudely shaken from my thoughts when Shanaya spotted Ahaan. Ahaan was Ananya's cousin and Aryan bhaiyya's best friend.

Shanaya got up to hug him, "I haven't seen you in ages where have you been?" I shook my cup in front of Ananya gesturing I was gonna refill my drink.

"Get me some" I took her cup and walked to the drinks table. I tried to drown Ahaan's laughter with the music surrounding me.

"Hey sue you excited?" I smiled when Nysa came up to me. "Hey Ny you have literally no idea" I helped her refill her punch before filling my cups.

"I love living on my own honestly" Nysa said excitedly. Similar to many of us, Nysa too is studying overseas.

Like bhaiyya and I studied in London, Nysa opted to study in Singapore. "How is life in Singapore?" I asked her.

"Really interesting, I'm learning so many new things" She excitedly told me about her life in Singapore.

Nysa was a few years younger than me and I always felt like I needed to look out for her. "And then my friends and I went to th-" "Suhana?"

Ahaan interrupted Nysa's story. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Ahaan asked. "I was catching up with Nysa" I tried to excuse myself.