Chapter 2 - Roofie?

I pulled the black dress up my thighs and up my body.

I sighed in relief to find it still fits me. I had brought these two years ago and it still looked nice. It showed just enough leg and not too much cleavage. But who said I had cleavage anyway?

With a passion so strong, I hated wearing dresses, and after Sarah calling me when I finished work to tell me to wear a dress, I almost vomited. But since it’s my first night out in years, I decided to actually obey her for once.

I pulled my hair band out of my hair, letting it cascade down with ease. Loose waves forming down my back as I brushed my fingers through it.

I tried taming the frizzy strands, but I eventually gave up. Brushing my hair was something I never did, I was always late, so I eventually skipped brushing my hair and makeup, and I became an improviser. Messy hair do's was something I owned, and I never wore make up unless I really needed. But we're going out tonight. Of course I need it.

I sat down in front of my wardrobe mirror hearing a knock from the door and it opening seconds later.

"Re!" Amber's loud voice echoed throughout our small house.

"In the room!" I called, sliding lip gloss across my lips. I line my bottom eye lid with eyeliner and smudged it a bit at the corners. Why would she knock? She lives here with me now,

I heard a wolf whistle from behind me and saw Amber leaning against the door frame in the mirror reflection. A smug look on her face as she saw me.

"Hey slut.” She greets. “You're actually wearing a dress." She said, sarcastically astonished. She throws her clutch on the bed and dive’s on it afterwards.

"Those duvets are new! Can you get off?" I commented, glaring at her jokingly. She poked the tongues.

I didn't notice till now that she was wearing such a short dress. Walking towards me to gaze at the mirror, I look up at her and pull her dress down.

"Show some dignity." I half smile at her.

"Whatever. Are you excited for exams?"

"No. I'm so nervous. I really should be studying." I bite my lip and stood up, ironing out my dress. I open the wardrobe and grabbed my black stilettos.

If I knew becoming a Journalist was going to be this intense, I wouldn't have gone for it. But I needed this. It's always been my dream. Since going into university, my budget has run low and it takes me back to the cafe. It was a job that I needed but hated.

Living in Bradford, you can't find anything even if you're lucky. But my dad was friends with Ted’s dad, who helped me, get a job at the cafe. If I didn't move from America, I'd be earning a lot more than my budget here. I still forget sometimes that I'm in Bradford, not America.

I'm always teased for calling Ambers Mother, Mom. Or saying dollars instead of pounds. It's still new for me.

I have little experience in Journalism in the real world; I don't see me making it pretty far very quickly. The only evidence I have of "great writing" was when I was 16. I was forced to research and write about a god awful sports star who was raped in the younger years.

My American - English teacher noticed what I was capable of achieving in the future. But it could be different here in England. 3 years in university was slightly annoying and I'm glad it's over soon. I just need to study more so I can be sure to past these exams and graduate.

"We can study tomorrow, unless you decide to be late again-" Amber was cut off by my phone.

I roll my eyes as I stumble my way over to my side table— balancing myself on my barefoot instead of my foot that was now in a heel.

"Hello?"

"Re?" Fuck. It's Ted.

"Hey Ted, what's up?" I looked at Amber, her eyes shooting straight to me as she heard his name.