Chapter 7 - kiss of surprise.

"Re!”

 Ambers voice echoes throughout the house. “You're back— Oh. Hi." She widens her eyes in schock.

I think Zayn was the last person she expected to see at our door step. I suddenly became aware that a multi millionaire is standing in my apartment. This place probably looks like a shed to him.

"Miss Convertry." Zayn formally greeted.

I rolled my eyes as I walk around Zayn and into the hallway. "I see you've made it safely back home." He explained.

"I have! Thanks." She frowns, but I can see the attraction she has for him in her eyes.

She flips her hair over her shoulder, focusing her attention on me now.

"Um, Zayns just chilling with us for now." I mumbled to Amber.

I forgot she was here.

Amber raises an eyebrow at me. Not now Amber. I feel like a monster standing next to her. She's so beautiful and I'm just. . Not?

"Chilling?" Zayn repeats.

It looks as if he's suppressing a smile.

"Yeah, it's what we do when we're not busy." Amber adds rather teasingly.

"Chilling, if you say, isn't really how I roll." If I heard right he sounded playful.

Every bit of intimidation from Zayn was gone. It was as if he stepped into a teenage lane. It's un-Zayn like for him to say anything like that. This guy is full of surprises today.

"Zayn, I'll show you around." Amber said happily.

Good. Take him away into your dungeon.

Sitting down on the sofa, I quickly pulled the stilettos off and threw them by the door— creating a huge thud as they hit the floorboard.

As quiet as I could, I ran upstairs, avoiding the weird glances from both Zayn and Amber as I scurried pass in a hurry. I wanted to get out of this outfit. It was suffocating me. I pulled the blouse and pencil skirt off and threw it in the washing basket by my wardrobe. Opening the doors to my closet, I pulled out my skinny jeans and kick the doors close with my feet.

I took a deep breath and lay on my bed. Carefully, I pulled my black skinny jeans up my ankles and wriggled my legs into them. I love skinny jeans but they're so annoying to put on. I arched my back to put them around my butt and finally sucked in a gush of air to zip my fly. After sighing in relief, I sat up and retrieved my top from my drawer.

"Need a little help?"

I hear a voice from the doorway and I'm instantly flushing.

I covered my bra and sunk to the floor, using the bed to cover my top half as I see Zayn standing in the door way.

He's leaning against the wall; composure seemed to be relaxed than usual. His hands are in his pockets as if he's been standing there for the last 10 minutes— What the hell?!

"What are you doing in here?!" I screamed, more in panic as my heart beat rages inside my chest.

My cheeks flush red as his eyes glistens with humour.

"Amber said this was your room." He's not fazed at all.

He looks anything but uncomfortable. But me on the other hand, practically half naked.

"And you fail to knock?! I'm getting changed Zayn!"

He shrugs his shoulders. "It doesn't bother me." He sits on my bed, his eyes never leaving my eye.