Chapter 12 - An old friend.

What's he doing here!?

He should be in London, Not here. I bite my lip for a split second and release it. But then I realize He's wet. How could I forget it's raining?

"Come inside, you're getting wet!" I wave him in as I step aside.

I took one glance outside and I don't see Mark anywhere. I don't even know where Zayns car is; or which car he's used to drive here. Closing the door, I smile to myself and it quickly disappears before I face him. He's drenched and I shake my head at him.

"You shouldn't be here." I fold my arms at him as he shrugged his coat off.

He ran his huge hand through his wet hair before shaking his head. He's shaved? hmm, I quite liked the stubble he had earlier today. My eyes drift down to his body. He's back in his clean cut black suite, and he looks every bit formal. Zayn finally looks up at me and his eyes are musky and dark.

"I get what I want Miss Greene." He shrugs his shoulders and steps forward.

Closing the distance between us completely as his towering height takes over mine, he looks down at me. He smells of wet pavement and that beautiful scent. His gaze is never leaving mine when he reaches behind me and places his coat on the hook of the door. He bites his lip and looks over his shoulder. His necks glistening as water droplets flow down his skin.

"Where is Miss Coventry?" He whispers as he takes off his blazer and places it on the hook as well.

He leans closer to me, his hand is still above my head and I take it he's using it to hold his weight. He pulls on his tie, easily loosening it and undoes the first two top buttons of his linen shirt, all with one hand. He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it slowly. I close my eyes briefly.

"She's in the shower." I mumble. "I think." I bite my lip nervously as his eyes never leave mine.

I see them dart to my lips and his eyes narrow slowly. He tugs on my chin and smirks.

"Don't." He mumbles coldly.

I swallow hard as he steps back.

He lets out a breath and with the back of his hand; he slowly wipes his forehead as water drips from his hair. His lips are slightly parted and I feel erotic almost. He looks so hot right now. It looks as if he's been running a marathon. I see, in a distance upstairs, Amber gaping at us. I bite my lip and quickly release it.

"I'll get you a towel." I half smile and step around him awkwardly.

I glance up at Amber and widen my eyes at her with confusion. She frowns momentarily, before slowly sinking back into her— wherever she came from — spot. Kind of creepy.

"Thank you. That'll be very useful." He watches me coolly as I walk towards the hallway near my art studio— more like study room.

There is barely any space for two people to move freely in there. It's just filled with all my art supplies and canvas' that are completed and uncompleted.

I grab a plush towel out of the cupboard and slowly walk back into the lounge where Zayn is. He's staring at the picture of Amber and I again. I noticed he's taken his tie off and his shoes. No socks? So strange to see him barefooted. He actually has nice feet? It’s possible though because his hands are so nice.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Here." My hand slightly trembles as I hesitantly give it to him.

He steps forward and grabs it off me.

"Thank you Miss Greene."

I watch as he places the photo frame back on the cabinet and then he drys his face with the towel and wraps it around his neck. He holds onto each end as he looks down at me trough his thick eye lashes. His jawline from this angle is so prominent. It's perfectly squared. He's so beautiful. I choke up and try to find the words I was suppose to say. He's unbuttoned another button and I can see a tattoo on his collar bone. I bite my lip as I look down.