Chapter 31- Part two, Meeting the family.

"He seems like a sweetheart Tori." Mom says as she nods towards the living room where Zayn and Adam are discussing god knows what.

I decided to leave Zayn with Adam since he seemed more interested in Zayn than his own sister— and I love seeing this side of Zayn. So talkative and family orientated. It's refreshing and it actually gives my mind a piece of positivity about his cold demeanour.

But I'm caught staring.

Both Adam and Zayn are staring at me. I blush scarlet and focus my gaze on my Mom.

"Very attractive too." She mumbles to herself. What? She's staring at him.

Oh my god Mom, stop!

"Mom!" I wave my hand in front of her face and she alters immediately.

"Sorry, can you please pass me the milk carton?"

I unscrew the lid and decide on taking a drink before giving it to her but she's quick to stop because she hates that Adam and I have that nasty habit.

"Use a glass! How long have you two known each other?" She grabs the carton off me and continues to pour it into whatever she's making, smells good though.

"Couple of weeks."

"Can I trust him?"

"What do you mean?" I frown momentarily and she gazes at me through slitted eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"You can trust him Mom. He's a gentleman."

—Sometimes.

"Gentlemen is just a charade sometimes Tori, honey. He seems dangerous in a way I can't explain."

"Protective you mean."

My Mom is too good at reading people.

"As long as you’re happy and I hope you two are using protection."

"Argh, yes Mom." I mutter.

"Oh my god, Mom! Awkward." Mandy walks in looking as if she just witnessed something she really didn't want to see.

"I'll have this conversation with you one day Mandy." Mom points the egg slice at her. "Look, Tori. You know how I feel about those who are wealthy. I don't trust them. Money can do things to a man. Money makes you stronger, makes you feel as if you can dominate anything. You expect everything to be yours just like that." Is she trying to prove her point about Zayn or is this true?

"Everyone's different." I shrug. "What are they doing Dee?" I question curiously, wanting to stay away from my Moms deep conversations.

"Talking."

"Be more specific."

She rolls her eyes. "Well, Zayn just got the older brother talk from Adam and now they're discussing like mechanics and what not. And they were talking about you. Mom I'm hungry."

"Lunch will be ready soon. I'm cooking Adams favourite."

"Okay I'm going to unpack."

"Tori, how long are you staying?" Mandy asks from down the hallway as I continue to my old room.

"2 or 3 days I don't know." Walking into my room, I find the same bed and desk from my old room back in California.

The walls are in need of an upgrade and the carpet looks as if it was white at one point but aged over the years. I still question why Mom had to move here. California was so much better than Detroit— but I don't live here to see for myself why she likes Detroit so much.