ended up

Calum dropped by the library early morning, after that night. She saw him coming so she quickly carried some books to the storage room, purposely to hide from Calum.

After making sure he was gone, she went out and came back to her previous position.

"Hey someone is looking for you a while ago." Her co-worker, Maddie informed her.

"Who?" She asked though she already knew who it was. "And what did you say to him?"

"He said his name is Calvin? I think and I said you were still at home. I didn't notice you earlier, sorry."

"Thank you so much Maddie, and it's Calum by the way." Maddie wore a confused look since she was thanking her like she saved her life or something.

"No problem! And oh, he said he'll just come back around lunch." She smiled and pushed the book carrier, going back to work.

"Shit." She quietly mumbled, thinking of how can she get out there before lunch. Maybe she could call her boss and pretend she is sick. But that is pathetic. Hide under the shelves? Not so clever. She is internally freaking out and confused at the same time why she is feeling this way.

••
"Maddie can you cover up my shift until afternoon? Please? I am suddenly not feeling very well." She even fake coughed to make it more realistic. This is just her hope to get out.

"Oh no, okay. I'll just tell boss. Rest up Fray." Thank goodness Maddie isn't stubborn today. And thank goodness she will get the chance to rest and get away from Calum.

"Thanks Mads, please tell Olivia that I left early. Thank you again!!" She pinched her cheeks before leaving.

She was relieved when she finally got home. She felt safe since Calum doesnt know her house, good thing she didn't let him drive her home that night.

She was surprised though, Calum waking up that early to see her. He must have a massive hangover.

Oh.

Right. He wasn't even that drunk last night. That made her sad even more, she thought she had some special connection to Calum already, in a friendly way of course, since he opened up and he knew her story, and better, he stayed after all.

Fray shook all of her thoughts and changed into her comfiest clothes. It is freezing, snow started falling this morning so she turned up her heater, made herself a hot chocolate and went in her room to read a good book that she'll probably fell asleep with.

She was woken up by loud banging on her door, she checked the time; it was only 5 in the afternoon. Groaning, she stood up, throwing profanities at how she only just got 2 hours of sleep and who the hell is knocking on her door. The loud banging won't stop and it annoyed her.

"I'm coming!" she shouted angrily, quickly putting a hoodie since she wasn't wearing a bra.

She opened the door, revealing the one and only reason why she went home for escape.

"Uhm, hi." Calum greeted, shoving his two big hands on his tight pocket.

She was furious, and most of all, confused.

"How did you get here? Why are you here?" She tried to sound angry, but it came out like a groan, she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, while trying to fix the nest forming above her head.

"Can I come in? I've been out here for like 15 minutes." He emphasized it by hugging his jacket tighter around his body.

She let him in, not having much of a choice and not wanting to be rude.