talk pt.2

Calum's mouth was agape for solid 1 minute.

"Cal?" She waved her hands on the front of his face, still not wanting to believe that situations like this happen in real life.

"..."

"Earth to Calum! Hello?" She slumped down on her seat, then Calum pulled her into a hug.

She hugged him back, but with a confused face.

"C'mon Cal, it's over. I got over it so no need for these hugs, although it is very comforting." She rested her chin on his shoulder, Calum refusing to break the hug.

"I have to tell you something." He put his hands on her shoulders, making Fray raise her eyebrow.

"What is it?"

"Luke Hemmings is the one who told me your story." She widen her eyes a bit then shrugged, "What version he told you?" She bitterly laughed.

"He told me the whole pregnancy thing but when I asked him why he knew he said his mom tutored you sometimes, then he said Liz sends him to your library to lend some books. He also said that you invite him for waffles whenever, he even told me that you are a nice girl and you doesn't deserve those shits." He started clenching his fists.

He fucking lied to him.

"That's his specialty you know, bullshitting." She laughed lightly, "How do you know him anyway?"

"He's my band mate." It's her turn to be shocked.

"You have a band? Why you didn't tell me? What instrument do you play? Do you have original songs? But you said you hated crowds? How is tha-"

"Woah, slow down missy." He chuckled, his mood changed from 100-0 because her reaction is too cute. Not leaving the blush that appears on her face due to the wind.

He started telling his story, but making a mental note to atleast grab Luke's collar and lift him up to the wall. Her touch, (which I mean their hands) made him calmer (which means no punching).

"That's what I do for living, just during weekends though. We play at the small bars, even cafes. I can say the wage is pretty enough for my daily life, if there are tips, then there's more. But it is not awesome as it sounds, sometimes bars have artists on full swing so, we have to find more clubs so we can eat. There's one time I only ate energy bars for a week." He laughed at the memory, making Fray smile too.

"And to answer your early questions, a. because it wasn't necessary. b. I play bass c. Yes, but just three. d. there's something about music that calms me and i have my eyes closed almost the entire time while im playing. My first time sucked, I was shaking like worm with a salt on its back." She nodded, too enthralled by this new information to response. She have more questions, she wanted to ask.

"Do you have groupies?" She blurt out, making Calum squirm uncomfortably on his seat.

"Oh- I'm sorry, I-" Calum cut her off by saying,

"Yeah, i had." He answered, emphasizing on "had".

"Maddie is one of them?" She asked out of curiosity.

Calum shook his head vigorously. "No, she doesn't even know I have a band."

"Oh." She scratched her red nose with her free hand, because everytime she tries to get off Calum's grip, he will only hold it tighter.

"It's getting cold Cal, and late. My nose here is not very happy. And sure as heck, Michael isn't happy too." She laughed, forgetting to check her phone for hours.