Chapter 3: What happens in Lyons stays in Lyons.

||Chapter 3: What happens in Lyons stays in Lyons.||

"So, my mom is a doctor in the United Kingdom and my dad is a lawyer in the United States." Cecily says, telling him just the basics about her life.

He doesn't need to know all of her business.

Isaiah and Cecily are in his dorm right now, cuddling. It is the next day.

Oops.

"Why do your parents live in two different Continent's?" He asks in his handsome French accent, touching pieces of her long braids.

Cecily sighs dramatically. "I don't know. It's... Complicated. I can barely remember the last time we've even talked."

He starts rubbing her neck, trying to comfort her. "Don't worry."

What was he supposed to say?

Cecily looks up at him grinning. She starts realizing how cute he really is. He is smiling back down at her with his deep set green eyes and shaggy wavy brown hair. "Why are you all alone in this dorm when everyone else on campus has a roommate?" She asks, suddenly curious.

Yes, why does he?

"Well, that's exactly why." He says. "Because, my old roommate, a good friend of mine, moved away to a public school in the states, and everyone else's rooms are full, the dean told me to stay here. So, here I am."

"Oh. Well, I guess you get the best of both worlds then, huh? It's a good and a bad thing. I can't even imagine how lonely you must get!" Cecily says, realizing he probably really does get lonely.

He nods his head. "It gets kind of boring here sometimes, having no friends and all. Especially when we are forced to speak English."

"You can totally come visit my campus sometime, if you want. We have free food..."

As if he needs free food.

He smiles. "Hmmm... Would there be... Pop tarts?"

Cecily smiles back at him, getting up from out of his bed. "And Netflix."

"I'll take you up on that offer." He says, getting up too, helping her out the door.

"Well, it was actually nice too meet you. I'm sorry I was a bitch when you first said hello." Cecily giggles, looking down at his giant sweatshirt that he let her wear for bed. It almost covers her thighs!

"No biggie." He says simple.

Cecily leaves without even looking in a mirror. Why would she need to?

Walking down the halls, Cecily stops at her brother's room, 311.

She knocks on the door. "Open up Derkfus! I know you're in there!"

He's going to remember who his sister is now.

"Ugh. Cecily, what do you want?" He says on the other side of the door, opening it ever-so slowly looking tired as ever. His curly hair is matted and he is wearing a baseball jersey. Do they even play baseball in France?

Guess that's what happens when you party-hardy.

"I want to say good-bye, you freak!" Cecily yells.