Chapter 10: "Rapunzel! Let down your weave!"

||Chapter 10: "Rapunzel! Let down your weave!"||

"Mom, can I go to a senior party?" Cecily asks, getting up from the couch, not really caring if her mom says yes or no.

Cecily walks into the kitchen.

It's not like she wants to go, anyway.

She have just woken up from her nap and she feels so energized, suddenly. She doesn't even know how long her parents have been home or if her brother is still upstairs with Mikkala.

"When is it?" Her mom asks, drinking a glass of wine.

"Tonight at 10. I have to be ready by 9." Cecily answers, going to the fridge to get water.

"Nope. You know nothing about the person hosting it. And you know nothing about this city!" Her mother exclaims.

"Okay." Cecily says, turning towards the stairs.

"Ask your father!" Meredith yells.

"Okay." Cecily says, again.

She laugh, walking over to her father in the pool's living room area. "Dad, can I go to a senior party?"

Her dad stares at her. "Absolutely not."

"Kay." Cecily responds.

Guess she can't go!

Cecily skips over the staircase and walks upstairs. She suddenly passes
Mikkala walking down the stairs.

"Hey, Cecilia, do you know where the elevator is?" She asks, scooping a huge strand of her black hair to the side.

"It's right in your face." Cecily replies, walking over to her bedroom door.

"Thanks. This didn't really look like an elevator from a distance." Mikkala says clicking the down button on the elevator.

"You're welcome." Cecily forces a smile, about to open the door to her room. It's really not that far of a distance.

Mikkala pauses. "Hey, Cecilia-"

"Cecily." She correct her, tapping her foot, impatiently.

What does Mikkala want?

"Cecily." Mikkala speaks, twisting a piece of her hair. "Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm not normally mean to people. I just... I guess I got jealous when I seen you hanging with Matt."

Cecily looks at Mikkala for a long time.

Did she really just admit that she was jealous of Matt showing her around the school?

"It's okay-" Cecily tries speaking.

"Like, I mean, he is just so nice and handsome and the way he looked at you and you're so pretty. By the way, are you two dating?" Mikkala asks.

What is up with American's and blurting out random questions?

"Listen, Mikkala, Matt and I are not dating. He was just being nice, showing a new girl around school. Plus, we just met yesterday! I barely even know him." Cecily assure her.

Mikkala nods her head slowly. "Okay. I was just wondering. And hey, what do you mean you met Matt yesterday?"

Cecily's eyes go wide. Oops.