Chapter 12: You Again

||Chapter 12: You Again ||

Cecily smiles in her mirror imagining tall, good smelling Matt beside her, grabbing her waist.

Is that weird?

Although there's no school today due to staff development, which she's just found out from Derrick, she's still gotten dressed and out of bed. It's so beautiful in the morning when she doesn't have school. It almost feels like summer!

Last night was crazy. After Matt and Cecily kissed-
Ew. That even sounds weird- they said their goodbyes aand she ran straight up to her bedroom through the stairs, the most quietest way she could. Derrick's door was shut closed, so she was guessing he was in for the night. Her parents were asleep. Everything seemed okay. Cecily went to sleep feeling easy and nervous for what's to come in store with Matt. Will it be awkward to see him?

With her freshly washed curly hair air drying, she decided to wear light blue Hollister skinny jeans with a stripped crop top and her original Converse shoes. She puts up her curly hair to air dry in a bun.

Grabbing her bag and leather jacket, Cecily takes the elevator down stairs.

"Good morning, everyone!" She smiles, walking into the kitchen. She only see's her mother.

"You're up bright early to say it's a no school day." Her mom inquiries, fastening her earrings and grabbing her purse off of the counter. Cecily notices a plate of pancakes besides her mother.

Meredith notices Cecily staring and offers some. Cecily shakes her head no.

Her mom puts her hair into a long, sleek high ponytail. "And good! You're dressed too! I need to talk you about this gala coming up soon."

Cecily nods her head in response. "Esperanza mentioned it."

Meredith arches her eyebrows in disbelief. "These maids know everything! I swear by it! Anyway, when I get off from work, or even sooner, there will be prince's and other royality coming in from all around the states and countries to meet you!"

Cecily grimances at the thought of an arranged date for this ball. "That's alright, mom. No need for all that, because I already have a date."

Meredith's eyes widen in shock. "Oh really?"

"Yes, really!" Cecily says. "Matthew. Prince Matthew."

"As in Prince Matthew from our dinner two nights ago?" Her mother cries.

Cecily nods her head. "What's the problem with that?"

"The prob- what's the problem with that?! The problem is our family and his family do not get along with each other!"

"How is that? We carpool, we had a dinner with them, he is so kind to me! How do our family's not get along?" Cecily's voice raises.

Her mom presses her lips together and sighs. "Listen Cecily, you just have to trust me. They aren't good people. They are manipulative liars."

Cecily starts to feel tears coming. "Tell me why!"

"They are trying to take over our kingdom!"

Cecily lowers her eyes. "This can't be. Matthew likes me."

"Sweetie, he's playing you. That's just what his family does. Our kingdom back in Archwin is right over the river from their family's kingdom, Zaibatsu. They have been trying to own our land for years. We are actually in war with Zaibatsu! It's too difficult for a girl your age to understand. We were trying to have a dinner with them to compromise, but they disagreed..." My mom says mortified.