Chaper 18- The Begining of The End Begun

So this is it.

Just one word. Yes or no.

Cecily's about one second from calling Matt when she hears a knock at her door.

"Come in." She says. This might be the last time she's able to tell her family to come into her bedroom.

Derrick walks in slowly. He's wearing grey sweatpants and a black V-Neck shirt and his curly hair is wet and pulled into a low ponytail. "H-hey."

Cecily smiles at him. She knows that everything her brother does is out of love and she feels grateful. "Hi, Derrick!"

He sits at the end of her bed. "Look. I know things with Mom and Dad aren't looking too good, but I just want to say it will get better. It will, Cecily."

Yeah. If I leave. She thinks quietly.

So instead she just nods her head. Cecily debates if she should tell Derrick the plan Matthew made.

"What's wrong?" He asks, suddenly.

He must have saw her expression because she is in serious thought mode! She doesn't know what to do. Cecily sighs. "Matt wants to run away...with me."

Derrick blinks. Shocked, of course, Cecily was too. He closes the door and walks over to Cecily, surprising her with a hug.

Cecily feels as if she's going to cry. She doesn't want any of this. She didn't ask for any of this. Why must her life be so complicated?

Cecily looks up at Derrick, a tear streaming her small face. "What do I do?"

Derrick sighs. "You can't run away from your problems, you know? I say you don't run away and just face them! Things will only get more complicated if you do. Running away is never the answer, trust me, sis." He looks at her, warningly. She can see the experience in his eyes.

She nods her head. "I-I don't want to run away, Derrick. It's just... Matthew. I really like him, he's so sweet, but our families."

Derrick shrugs. "Hey, it's your choice. Make it complicated or make it complicated. It's a lose-lose. You already know my opinion." With that, he walks from out of her room.

Cecily stares at her phone. It's nearly midnight. She knows what she has to do. What she wants to do. It's her gut.

So she dials Matt's number.

"Cecily." She hears Matt's sweet sounding voice.

"Matt... I'm, I'm ready." She chokes back a tear.

She can feel his pleasure, him smiling on the other side of the phone. "I'll be right over."

"I'll be outside." Cecily says.

"I love you." Matt breathes.

"Bye." Cecily says. With that she cries and cries. She'll never see her family again.

Cecily starts packing everything she owns into a small black Jansport backpack. She'll have to buy new clothes. She defiently wouldn't want to be reminded of her past.

She walks down the long hallway remembering her short time of living there, which strangely felt a lot like home. She remembers first meeting Esperanza. Why ruin it? Is she ruining her life?

She decides the elevator would be too loud, so she takes the stairs, passing her parents bedroom, silently saying good-bye in her mind.

She makes it to the front door and stares at the house for a while before entering Matthew's Chevy Malibu. He's very classic.

Matthew puts his wavy hair onto her face, clashing it with her curly hair, burying her with kisses. She can smell his familiar scent. She lays on his chest, still staring at her house. "Matt... I'm scared."

Matt rubs her arm up and down. "Shh. It's okay. We're doing the best thing possible. What else can we do?" He sticks a cigarette in his mouth, and lights it, while rubbing her legs, and they speed off, down the road, out of Atlanta and eventually to a rustic motel.

Cecily falls asleep. She knows this is for the best. It has to be. It's you and me against the world. She remembers him saying.

It has to be.

That was the last that they were ever seen again.

***

Hey everyone, readers!

This is the end of the book :)

Or is it?

Don't forget to comment, vote, and SHARE!

You guys mean so much and sorry this story was inactive.

But sequel or nah!?

-Andy Jay