Chapter one

Just like the previous morning, Avery Peterson woke up today feeling very sad and horny, all thanks to the wine and Jimmy king, her ex-boyfriend. well not exactly an ex-boyfriend but at least they were in-love or so she thought . Thinking of him left her feeling more sad than horny, they have been going everywhere together just like couples do, they spent time having fun with each other for the past week.
"What happened?" she asked herself, wiping off a tear.
Sitting on her bed cross-legged, she reminisced about the day she met jimmy.

Wearing a black denim shorts and crop top, with a Nike air jordan, Avery sat on a swivel chair in the circulation unit of the library and stared blankly at the screen of her assigned computer.
"A penny for your thought" a voice behind her said and this jerked her back to reality.

Spinning the seat around to see who the intruder was, left Avery dumbstruck. She wasn't daydreaming this time, this is real. One and only Jimmy King was standing in front of her.
Although Jimmy moved into the neighbourhood barely three months ago, Avery is head over heels in love with him. Right from the first day, she laid eyes on him, her life changed. She fantasizes about him all the time, especially during her shower time, his body was to die for and she was willing to pay the price.

"hey" you okay? You look like you saw a ghost, Jimmy asked, while waving a hand across her face .

Hell yea! I saw a ghost, damn you're the ghost Avery thought while forcing her facial expressions to stay put.
"Hello" she mumbled, while grinning from ear to ear. She felt it again.
"Oh no"! It can't be, not that feeling again. "Calm down Aves, don't embarrass yourself, this is a no shank zone. She said to herself, determined to ignore the feelings between her legs.

Feeling awkward, Jimmy decided to introduce himself.

"Hi" Avery, he said, extending his hand for a handshake.
"Jimmy", nice meeting you. She said, extending her hand for a handshake.
"Same here," he replied with a pleasant smile that revealed a set of perfect teeth.

Avery tried so hard to curtail her excitement, while enduring the awkward silence that stayed between them.

"So you come here every Saturday?" Jimmy asked slyly, trying to lift the silence between them.

"Not exactly" she responded while trying to sound as calm as possible, for she could feel the butterflies not only in the pit of her stomach but everywhere. "My house is just a twenty-five minutes walk from here, so whenever I feel bored, I come here to relax and fall in love with books".

Putting both hands in his front pocket, Jimmy covered the space between him and Avery so that he could stand facing her. This simple gesture melted her heart, for she could perceive whatever fragrance he had on and he smelt delightful and edible.

"oh!" I see. So any Saturday whenever you get bored, you visit the library and stare at blank screens? Is that your idea of falling in love? Jimmy jokes.

Letting out a chuckle, Avery heaved a deep breath and spun her seat to face the computer, for she doesn't trust herself not to pull his face closer and kiss those lips that were begging to be kissed.

"You know, just because you met me staring at a screen, doesn't mean I always come here to stare at screens , I am pretty deep into the printed world. I love books, ''she said, smiling to herself.

"my apologies" Jimmy said in a mocking but loving manner. "but you know what they say about first impressions".

"Well I hope my acting sheepishly doesn't leave an impression", Avery muttered under her breath.

"say what?" Jimmy asked loudly while grabbing a seat, so he could sit next to her.

"Hush, you two, this is a no noise zone" the librarian chastised them while pointing to a sign on a wall that says "no noise zone".

"sorrrry" they chorused a backhanded apology

They sat together discussing in hush tones. They talked about friends, families, previous relationships and everything they could think of. After a while they both sat in silence, each person facing a computer system. Jimmy turned on his computer system and pretended to be engrossed in a computer game, occasionally, he would steal a glance at Avery.

"She is so beautiful" he thought, with her black hair held up in a loose ponytail, she wore a mild pink color lip gloss which matches her cinnamon pigment skin tone.

Since Jimmy moved into his new apartment a few months ago, he has been watching Avery like a hawk watches its prey, he follows her on social media, he follows her friends too,just to have details of Avery's activities. He knows every little detail about her, her family, her choice of sport, favourite restaurant down to her favourite snack.
He knows that she's a wild but reserved kind of girl. To Jimmy her taste in everything is nice except her friends, she's got a wacky taste in friendships.
Although this is the first time they are both in the same space alone, Avery and Jimmy have met multiple times in the past months, they have friends in common. But their communication is limited to pleasantries and mild compliments since Avery is either in the company of her ever present friends, or family members. She was never alone, he has been stalking her for weeks now just to know how and where she spends her alone time, last week he struck gold.
From the way Avery stares at him and compliments him, Jimmy assumes that she is head over heels in love with him, and he intends to use that to his advantage.

"Hope you don't mind us being friends?I have admired you from afar for far too long," he said.

The request took Avery by surprise, she was stunned but happy. This is real, it's happening, no more daydreaming Aves, the time is here. " He shoots, he Scores. Goal, she thought.

"Where did that come from?", she asked feigning surprise, "I thought we were friends?.

"Well! you know, having mutual friends doesn't necessarily make us friends, I mean most times when we are in the same space with our friends we avoid talking to each other, I want that to change"

"We have been sitting together for hours now having all these small talks, doesn't that make us friends?" " Do you think I would spare you a glance if I don't consider you a friend?" She asked.
" Okay Aves,I feel you, friends then. Can we shake on that". he said with all smiles, extending his hands for a handshake.

"I have a better idea, why don't we kiss on that". she said leaning forward with her hands under her jaw and a glint on her eyes.

Jimmy was taken Aback for a split second, but he regained his composure.
"Wow! a girl that goes for what she wants, love it! he thought.
" You sure you want to do that, you know lots of people are around" he asked her, wearing a lopsided smile.

"Sure, I'm a big girl, I won't get punished" she said, wetting her lips slowly with her tongue.

The action sent welcoming signals to Jimmy and he immediately grabbed her face and went in for a deep and sensual kiss.

"You know there's a hotel just down the road right?" The librarian said, ending their romance. "no romance in the library" she said quietly but angrily.
Children of today and public display of affection, I weep for your generation, the librarian said walking out on them.

Both Jimmy and Avery giggled at her remarks.

"Want to get out of here" Jimmy Asked

"Sure! But where? she asked. " this is where I spend almost all my Saturdays"

"Way ahead of you, I know a place, with good food, great entertainment and no annoying librarian".

"Where's that? she suspects she already knows what he had in mind.

"My place, I promise just you and I, no librarian. He said giving her a puppy face.

"Okay, can't say no to good food, I am hungry", she said, grabbing her bag from the desk.

They packed up their things, and left the library for Jimmy's apartment.

"Well this is just a step to greatness, I never expected my day to end this way. she thought squealing inwardly. Soon, I will get to feel that body and not just imagine it.

This work is copyright protected.
No part of this work should be reproduced, or stored in any information retrieval system without the knowledge and permission of the writer, Sharon Achims.
Offenders will be sued.