Chapter two

"Welcome to my crib" Jimmy said to Avery, spreading both arms in a welcoming gesture on arriving at his two bedroom furnished apartment that is just a fifteen minutes walk from the library.
"pls make yourself comfortable".
"I will," Avery said, taking in the design of the apartment. "I must say you have great taste, these designs are top notch".
"oh, no, no! I have terrible taste in designs, Katie choosed all the designs, she's the one with a great taste in design". He replied.
"ahaa! Katie, you really love your sister, I lost count of the number of times you mentioned her name on the walk home".
"Are you jealous?" he asked jokingly.
"Whatttttt? never". she replied, shrugging.
"Just kidding Aves", do you need anything? .He asked.
"yes!, food, You promised me good food, remember"?
"Trust me cupcake, I won't go back on my promises". He said leaning close to her and touching her face.
"Fancy a glass of wine? He asked.
"nah, I'm more of a whiskey girl, got any, let's see, scotch whiskey?. she asked, dragging out the last word, and looking around the living room like a bottle of whiskey would magically appear.
"Sure, help yourself," Jimmy said while directing her to the wine bar.
"Okayyy, it's an open buffet", she said, teasing him.
Jimmy chuckled, shaking his head, "I will be in the kitchen, holla me if you need anything," Jimmy said, heading to the kitchen.

After helping herself to a glass of glenfiddich 15, she moved around the living room, feeling the walls and taking in the beauty of the interior designs.
"Damn! Katie does have exquisite taste" she thought.
Moving back to the couch, she topped her glass with more whiskey, she stretched her arms to pick up the TV remote from the table, in the process she spilled a bit of her on the floor, looking around and ensuring that Jimmy is not lurking around, she cleaned the spilled drink with her socked foot. She flipped through the tv channels with no particular channel in mind for she had other things occupying her mind. She thought of how fast things were moving between her and Jimmy. Since meeting today they have kissed twice first in the library and second on their way to jimmy's apartment.
"Well! he didn't object to the kiss, he even initiated the second kiss, I guess he likes it? She Exclaimed slowly.
After downing her second refill, she got bored, nothing of her interest was airing on any channel, she decided to go to the kitchen and help Jimmy with whatever he was doing there.

"Need a hand?"
Jimmy spun round in shock which caused him to spill the bowl of water he was carrying.
"Damn girl! He exclaimed, that is so creepy".
I'm so sorry, Avery said giggling. "Let me help you clean that, where's the mop, '' she asked.
"Don't worry about it , I will clean it" he said, going to retrieve the mop from the corner where it was, he cleaned the area where the water spilled and returned the mop to its position.

"By the way, you look so good in your chef apron and hat. ''Do you always wear those when cooking or are you trying to impress someone " she asked, moving to sit on the only plastic chair in the kitchen.
"You wish," he said laughing. "go back to the living room Aves, I'm almost done cooking.
"What are you making?" she asked, getting up from the chair and moving closer to him.
" just pasta and sauce, nothing exciting"
"wow! She exclaimed joyfully, ''that's my favourite meal" she said, giving him a sideways hug.
"really? Such coincidence," Jimmy said, smiling inwardly while adding the final ingredients to the sauce.
C'mon, allow me to help, pleaseee" she robbed her two hands together in a pleading manner while looking up at him.
"Okay, okay," he said laughing at her child-like behavior. " fine, you can set the table, the dishes are over there he said pointing to the cabinet where the dishes are kept"
"Thank you, thank you" she said happily, rushing to get the dishes and set the table.

"This is so so good", Avery said with a mouthful of pasta.
"I know, I promised you good food, didn't i?.
"yes you did, but I never knew the food would be this good". " I thought you wore that chef hat and apron just to impress me, never knew you own that for a reason, '' she said, licking the sauce on her fork.
"I'm a man of multiple talents", he said, raising his glass of juice to take a sip, "you'll get to see my talents if you stick around" he said, eyeing her while placing his glass of juice on the table.
"Is that what I think it is?" she asked, setting her fork down, hoping that they are on the same page.
"Yes'' he said. That's if you are on board with it.
She pretended to slowly chew on the chicken, savoring its taste, wondering why he was using coded words instead of being plain with his intentions.
Well, two can play that game" she thought.
" Of course I'm on board, '' I've been wanting a personal chef for the longest time now. She said slyly.
"Okay, let's see how it goes". Jimmy mumbled.

**********************************************************************************************

"You know you don't have to help with the dishes right? You are my guest" Jimmy said while setting the washed pans out to dry.
"I don't mind", Avery said drying the dishes.
"Okay, Jimmy said, dropping his shoulders in resignation. "I like the company anyways".
"I recall you promised me good entertainment too, and remember you pride in being a man of your words" Avery said, teasing him.
"oh dear, I will fulfill that promise too". He replied, placing his hands on his chest like a boy's scout making a pledge.
"What sort of entertainment do you have in mind," she asked.
"a dance battle, just to show the self-acclaimed dance queen that her dance moves are nothing compared to mine", he said with glints in his eyes.
"ohhhhhhh! It is on, get ready to get your ass whopped, she said.

Jimmy and Avery finished up the rest of the chores in the kitchen amidst giggles and laughter.
**********************************************************************************************
"So what genre of music do you vibe to"?, Jimmy asked.
"all, I vibe to all genres". She replied from where she sat. "As a dancehall queen, I can vibe to anything, unlike someone" she said smiling.
"Okay, then, let's see what's popping on MTV", Jimmy said laughing. He tuned to MTV where black Widow bu Iggy was playing.

After twenty minutes of dancing to different songs, best friends Saweetie and Doja Cat came up.
Yasssss!" Avery yelled excitedly, positioning herself to a twerk position "Doja is my spirit Animal" she said, twerking to her song.
"you think you can do this better than the dance queen?" she asked pulling Jimmy up from the couch, to join her on the dance floor.
"Oh yes, and even better". He said twerking.
Avery rocked Jimmy while he twerked.
"Oh, c'mon, this is tiring" Jimmy said, switching positions with Avery so could rock her.

The song changes to a slow dance by AJ Mitchell. Jimmy spins Avery around for a waltz.

"You have beautiful eyes," Avery said, looking up to him.
"you are so gorgeous, you are perfect". He said to her in a soothing voice.
"Ohhh please,don't be that guy," she said, winking.
"What guy?" he asked amused.
"The kind of guy that feels he needs to respond to a compliment with another compliment" she said.
" What's wrong in being that kind of guy?" he asked with a smirk.
"Pleaseeee" she replied, rolling her eyes in resignation.
"You have beautiful lips," Jimmy said, looking at her face.