Chapter seven

"Here we are", Jimmy said, turning off the ignition in front of Avery's house.
"Thank you, my kind gentleman," Avery said, giving him a kiss.
"You're welcome, queen," Jimmy replied, smiling.
"Bye," Avery said alighting from the car.
"Bye Aves" Katie said.
Katie and her brother drove home analyzing each scene from the movie.

Days after the movie date, Jimmy planned a beach date for the three of them. Avery came to the house hours before the scheduled time to help Katie pack, for she was leaving town in two days time.

"Why don't we stay indoors?" Katie asked her brother.
"Why do you want to stay in, I have this day all planned out, why the cold feet now? Jimmy asked, annoyed at his sister's sudden request.
"I don't have cold feet, i just want to spend today with both of you"
"We can do that at the beach". Jimmy said, raising his voice. " C'mon Katie, you are not about to ruin another beach date" " I am not ruining anything, I just think it will be more fun if we stay indoors and play games or even see a movie".
"I don't mind" Avery chipped in, "whatever you guys decide is okay with me".
"Avery, Jimmy called, you indulge Katie way too much".
"I don't" "I'm not even in the mood for a beach party right now" Avery said.
"Fine, you girls keep hanging up on me, but I'm picking the movie, Jimmy said defeated".
Okay, The girls chorused.
" and you both are making snacks for the movie".
"That's not a problem", Avery said.

During the movie the girls kept sex chating each other, Jimmy noticed their lack of concentration to the movie but did not comment on it.

"Pass me the bowl" Jimmy said to Katie, requesting for the bowl of snack on her thigh.

Katie passed the bowl to him, and continued pressing her phone".
" You know, for someone who suggested a movie date, you girls lack concentration," Jimmy said.
"This movie sucks the youth out of me" Avery said lying on the couch and placing her feet on his thigh.
"Whatever, the movie is almost finished, then you can make your pick" he said.
"Okay boo".

"Jimmy continued watching his movie, but noticed Katie staring at him from the couch and smiling.

"What?" He asked
"Nothing", she said typing on her screen and smiling.
"Are you girls talking about me? Jimmy asked curiously.
"Nope," Avery said.
"Never" Katie said laughing.
"Avery's phone beeped to signal an incoming message and Jimmy playfully grabbed the phone from her to see what Avery was doing.
Avery tried to retrieve the phone from him but her efforts were in vain.

Jimmy ran to the other side of the living room, to read the text. His face concocted in horror while reading the text.

"What's the meaning of this?" He asked, waving the phone.
Both girls sat in silence, with their heads bowed.
"Kate, he called out to his sister
"Huh"
" explain the meaning of this text".
"It's a mistake, I was going to send it to someone else".
"Who?"
"Huh"
"I said who, Jimmy yelled at her, causing her to shiver.
"My.. my friend" Katie replied, shivering.
"Your friend?
"Yea".
"Jimmy, it was a mistake, let it go," Avery said.
"Let me have your phone," Jimmy said, extending his hands towards Katie.
"Why?" Avery asked.
"Aves, stay out of this, this has nothing to do with you", Jimmy said angrily.
"Jimmy, she's not a kid, let her have her privacy, you can't search her phone". Avery said Defiantly.

Avery knows the jig will be up, if Jimmy gets hold of Katie's phone. She always tells Katie to delete their text immediately she reads it, but Katie refuses, saying she wants to keep the text so she can read them later in the future.

"Avery, this is none of your...He stopped mid-sentence and looked at Avery, then he looked at the phone he was holding and read the text aloud.

"I can't wait for you to fuck my brains out once this movie is over👅👅" Jimmy read the text in disgust.