𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐕

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 sigh as she walked into her home. Between the funeral, to the text message, to Jenna Marshall at the Grille, everything was just catching up to her at once and all she wanted to do was cry. As she placed her keys in the bowl next to the door, a voice called out to her. "Noelle? Is that you sweetie?" 

The kind voice of her mother nearly made her want to cry then and there. "Yeah mom, it's me!" She called out, her steps quickening as she made it to the kitchen where her mother sat at the kitchen table, her head in her hands as she looked over the day's newspaper. 

"Oh sweetie." Naomi Call cooed as soon as her eyes landed on her youngest child. Her heart nearly broke in two at the heart-broken look on her daughter's face. "I'm so sorry." She whispered as she stood up from her chair, meeting her daughter half-way. As soon as she made it to her mother, Noelle broke out in loud, body-shaking sobs. Naomi gently ran her finger's through her daughter's hair as she cried. 

"She's gone mom. She's really gone."

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 acted as if the night before never happened. As much as it hurt Noelle to actually face that her best friend was really gone, she knew she needed to continue. It had been nearly a year, and she knew deep in her heart that she was never going to see Alison again. It nearly broke her, especially with how they last saw each other, but that was the past. 

The Noelle she was today, was not the Noelle she was a year ago. She was stronger, but she was still in pain, and that's what hurt the most. 

"Morning sweetie." Naomi Call smiled solemnly at her daughter as she walked into their lavish kitchen. Naomi sat, just like last night, at the kitchen table, watching the small tv they had in the kitchen. Two large mugs sat on the table, one filled with dark, black coffee, and the other with a ginseng tea. "How are you feeling?"

Noelle shrugged as she took the mug with the tea in it, her cheeks were still puffy, and had a slight redness from when she cried herself to sleep. "As best as I can be, i guess?" Naomi nodded with slight sympathy. Noelle smiled slightly as the warm tea slid down her throat, warming her entire body up. "What are you doing back? I thought you were supposed to be in New York for a week."

Naomi sigh as she brought her cup up to her lips. "We were supposed too, but once we heard about Alison and the funeral . . ." Her mother trailed off at the slight flinch of everything that's happened in the past few days since her family left. "I knew I couldn't just leave you here alone with everything that's going on." Naomi tried not to let her sympathy show as she spoke, gripping her daughter's hand in hers.