Chapter 6

"Someone always told me to never drink human blood

"Someone always told me to never drink human blood. Once you drink from them, you'll be bound to them forever. " Himiko stared at Satoru, who was teasing Nanami as the blonde ignored him and focused on Suguru, who was charging at him at full speed. The two are sparring. Besides Satoru, there was Shoko, who was sucking the candy the vampire made for her while Haibara cheered for his classmate.

Ruby eyes meet vibrant hues. When Satoru sensed someone staring at him, he turned his head, a wide grin curving his lips. His eyes sparkled brighter than any star. They were blue like the ocean and sky.

His eyes remind Himiko of freedom. Like the vast ocean and sky, they are free. Satoru is free, her source of freedom.

"Himikoooo!" Satoru had his hands in the air, waving them with enthusiasm, but his wife only stared at him for a second before turning her heels to the right, leaving them without words. Suguru and Nanami, who had already stopped their sparring when they heard Satoru yell the vampire's name,

Satoru turned to Shoko and asked, "Is she mad?" The short-haired girl shrugged her shoulders in response. Sighing, he stood up, which made Shoko glance up at him.

"Oi! "Satoru, what did you do again?!" yelled Suguru.

"I haven't done anything yet! How could you always accuse me of it being my fault? " Satoru retorted back.

"It's because you are always the reason, senpai." Nanami answered for Suguru as the curse manipulator laughed.

"Nanamin, do you really hate me that much?" Sator felt betrayed by his kohai's answer, and a loud crack was heard.

"Yes." Nanami sternly replied.

"Stop your stupidity and go talk to your wife, dumbass."

"That is what I'm planning." Satoru replied to Suguru before leaving them to continue whatever they were doing. Satoru scratches the back of his head, thinking about what might be the reason why his wife gives him such a cold shoulder.

"Is she hungry?" He asked himself, but then he thought that Himiko had already drunk from her last night and somehow it would take her a week or two before she sank her teeth again against his skin.