Chapter 11

"Yu, watch- urk!" Blood drips from Himiko's lips as she looks down to see that the tip of the staff was stabbed through her stomach

"Yu, watch- urk!" Blood drips from Himiko's lips as she looks down to see that the tip of the staff was stabbed through her stomach. She fell on her knees and, with wide eyes, she watched the horror occur right before her.

Haibara Yu, pushed Nanami away from danger but befell him, causing him to lose his lower body.

"Yu!" Nanami screamed his name before he could move the tail of the sandworm strike towards him, sending him away as he lost his consciousness.

"Kento."

"Yu." Himiko called out in a weak tone as she forced herself to stand and went over to Haibara. She was slowly losing consciousness as her ears started ringing.

"Yu." She called out, resting the boy's head on her legs.

"Hey, Yu. Can you hear me?" With a weak voice, Haibara replied with a short yes as his eyes slightly opened.

"Hey, Yu. What do you want to eat once we go back?" Himiko asked, keeping her voice from quivering.

"An omelete rice sounds great!" Haibara replied with a smile, and Himiko forced herself to smile and reply.

"I'll make tons of it, so make sure to stay with us until we get home, okay?" A tear slipped down from her eye as it slid down her cheek and dripped into Haibara's right eye. He raises his blood-covered hand to wipe the tear with his thumb but only smudges the blood on her cheek.

"Meeting you, Nanami, and the others is the g-greatest thing that h-happen in my life." He gasped.

"Himiko." For the first time, hearing her name uttered by Hairaba sent her into tears.

"I have a favor to ask."

"What is it?"

"Please take care of my sister. Don't let her join the world we are in. " He stopped for a second before continuing.

"P-please protect m-my sister." Even breathing pain hurts him so much.

"I will, I will. Stay with us, kay? Don't you dare die on us."

"Please? Yu? " She pleaded, but the boy didn't answer. He closed his eyes with a smile on his lips.

"Arghhhhh!" Himiko shouted. Her whole body trembled, she was in pain, she was lost. Hands covering her ears, tears streaming down her face. Himiko cried in agony.