Chapter 9

A hot and arid land, a dusty wind that blows their covers, dying plants surrounding them, a blazing sun glaring at them, leaving them sweaty and breathless

A hot and arid land, a dusty wind that blows their covers, dying plants surrounding them, a blazing sun glaring at them, leaving them sweaty and breathless. The first year, jujutsu sorcerers felt like sizzling in a pan; it was too hot for them to handle, especially the certain vampire whose weakness is the blazing sun.

current location

Taklamakan Desert, China

"Why am I here again?" Himiko groaned and squeezed the last bottle of water she was holding. She felt weak and exhausted. Haibara then explains why they were in this place again, to execute "curses lurking in this area".

"KeeEEEnnnNNNTTtttOOoooo" She whined at the blonde, begging him to carry her. Nanami pushed the vampire away from him with her face.

"Don't come near me, you blood sucker. I already felt sticky from my own sweat." Haibara laughs at the two before pulling them apart.

"Now, now we must stay focused. We don't know when the curse will attack." He advised

"Those damn old men." Nanami irritaedly spat and pinched the bridge of his nose as he remembered how Yaga had announced to them that they would be sent to China for a mission.

The moment Himiko and Satoru entered Yaga's office, they were greeted by Haibara and Nanami, who sat in front of Yaga. It seems to be important, seeing how serious Yaga's expression is.

"Satoru, you may leave. I need to talk to the first year privately. " Yaga ordered, but it went deaf to the Gojo's heir, seeing how he sat on the floor, back resting on the wall.

"My wife is involved here. I think I have a right to listen." The teacher could only sigh and rub his temples before stating, "Do whatever you please." Himiko then sat next to Haibara, her hands resting on her knee.

"The higher up released a statement that Hironomiya Himiko will be sent on a mission with Haibara Yu and Nanami Kento to assist her. The location will be in China. Taklamakan Desert, China." His announcement surprised the two first years, except for Himiko.

"Desert, huh?" Himiko amusedly chuckled and had already concluded the meaning behind the mission.

"This is no ordinary mission, but an assassination." Satoru suddenly butted in, which made Nanami and Haibara turn their heads towards him.

"Now that you said it, it makes sense." Haibara hummed while rubbing his chin.

"It is known that hot places are a vampire's weakness, and sending Hironomiya to one is an advantage for them to kill her." Nanami added.

"A bunch of cowards, stinky old men," said Satoru. Himiko then hummed before rising from her seat and replying, "I can go by myself; there's no need to involve others."

But here she was with her two classmates. Like Haibara, Nanami refuses to let her go on the said "mission" by herself. Satoru, who was also insisting on joining her, went in vain when Yaga said there was a mission given to him.

"YuuuUUUUuuu." Himiko once again cried out as she wiped her sweat on her forehead on Haibara's shoulder.

"I'm not a handkerchief to be used to wipe your sweat, Hironomiya." Haibara scold as the vampire laughed and stuck her tongue out.

"If only I had my blood bank, I think I could do fine." She admitted it as she pouted.

"Blood bank? You mean Gojo senpai? " Haibara chuckled at what Himiko called the great heir of the Gojo clan.

"Gojo senpai said he would join us along with Surugu senpai and Shoko senpai after their mission, but I doubt that would happen knowing the higher up. They would do everything to delay their arrival here." Nanami explained as he turned to face the two who were looking at him with sparkle.

"That is 36 words in one sentence." Himiko exclaimed.

"This should be included in the Guinness World Record." Hiabara added, irritating Nanami.

"Oi."

Their banter ended when the ground shook violently, stumbling them. A large hole was created a few meters away from them as they immediately backed away, not wanting to be sucked under it. A loud growl came out of the hole as a large sandworm towered over them. It was about 100 meters tall.

"Is this even a curse?!" Haibara freaked out as he used Himiko as a shield.

Jujutsu Scroll: 

The clanging sound created by the crab irritates the vampire. Himiko was sent on a mission near the river, where residents say a monster was lurking. The children who were swimming in the river suddenly went missing. They say that the monster in the river pulled them to the deepest part of the river. And now Himiko was facing a curse like a crab.

"If only you were edible. It would be delightful to make a crab stew out of you." She said as she pulled her sword out of its sheath.

"By stewing you, it can feed the whole village." Himiko sighed and added.

"Though you taste like shit. I feel bad for Suguru."

That evening, Himiko cooked a crab stew.