Chapter 4 - Swimming Classes

"Good morning, Yamauchi!"

"Good morning, Ike!"

Yamauchi and Ike greeted each other with excitement.

Today must be the day for the Swimming classes.

"Whew, man I was looking forward to this day so much that I didn't get a wink of sleep."

"Ha ha, Same man, This school is just the best, I can't wait to see the girls in swimsuits."

So that's why they are early.

-
It was now time for the swimming classes.

We went to where the pool was however before getting to see the pool, we needed to change our clothes in the changing room to the ones suited for swimming. I quickly changed.

Most of my male classmates didn't wear their top but I did.

I soon went to the pool area. The pool was large, It was at least 50 meters. Some of my classmates were already there. I went to the sidelines and waited. I didn't wait long before the girls came and then the teacher.

“All right, everyone, line up!”

A macho-looking middle-aged man announced. As Ayanokoji described in his inner thoughts, he definitely looked like the guy who devoted himself to sports.

“There are sixteen of you, huh? I thought there would’ve been more, but this is all right.”

Our Swimming teacher then told us to warm up by swimming 50 meters. Alright let's warm up. It would be hard to say I didn't look at the girls at all. I am a boy after all.

After awhile I got out of the pool.

“He he he, that was an easy win for me. Did you all see my super swimming skills?” Ike crowed.

I looked to my far left and saw Ike bragging proudly about his average swimming skills.

This guy...

"What super swimming skills?" I said while approaching Ike.

"Huh?"

"You should be less oblivious to your real abilities Ike."

"Huh!? Who do you think you are!?" Ike said angrily.

Some of the boys nearby were starting to notice our conversation but didn't intervene.

"I am Akira Ito."

"Tch, you think you are some hot sh*t?"

"I don't but you do." I said calmly.

Ike then became furious.

“ I’ll have everyone start competing against each other. We’ll separate groups by gender. Fifty-meter freestyle. The person who gets First place will receive 5000 private points." Our Teacher announced, taking the attention of Ike.

Ike, After hearing the Teachers announcement glared at me.
"Akira I challenge you to see who is the fastest among us in swimming."

"Alright I accept."

“Because we don’t have very many girls, I’ll split you into two groups of five people, and the student with the fastest overall time will be the winner. As for the boys, I’ll look at the top five finishing times and then move on to a final round.”

After that announcement from our teacher, The girls started to lineup, It looks like they are going to go first.

I went away from Ike to the sidelines to observe.

“Kushida-chan, Kushida-chan, Kushida-chan, Kushida-chan, Kushida-chan. Haaaaaaa…”

Ike was practically screaming, he went from being angry to being a Simp in no time.

The small class competition for the girls was done. As for the results, Horikita Came in second with a time of 28 seconds and Onodera came in First with a time of 26 seconds. Both of them didn't even look out of breath.

"Ok boys line up."

After that it was the boys turn.

I approached Ike once again.

"Ike I hope you haven't forgotten your own challenge."

Ike after hearing me turned angry once again.

"I will definitely beat you. You look average anyway."

With that he left. He sure has a lot of confidence.

-
Well this was an unexpected development. I was assigned to the same group as Ike and Sudo. We quickly lined up, Although I was looking at the big swimming pool, I could feel Ike glaring at me.

Our Swimming teacher started counting from 3.

"And GO!"

On the signal, everyone dove into the water. I wasn't just planning to beat Ike, I was planning to get first place this round. I swam, only thinking about taking the lead. I soon reached the end of the Fifty-meter race. While getting out of the pool I could hear the girls and the boys cheering.

" W-Wow...Twenty-four seconds, you are amazing Akira-kun!" Someone shouted.

I didn't see who that was but thank you. Looks like I got first place this round.

Sudo on the other hand finished the race in Twenty-Five seconds, a 1 second difference. He got out of the pool and looked at me for awhile as if studying me.

After a moment, Ike also got out. He noticed me and started glaring even more intensely at me while clenching his fists in frustration.

"It looks like I won."

"Tch."

Ike after making that sound left to the sidelines.

"Akira, won't you consider joining the swimming team? You are incredibly fast!"

"Unfortunately, I don't really plan to join anything."

"What about you Sudo? You are also fast."

"Same for me, I will pass. I like basketball more, I only swim for fun."

"Kya!"

A girl joyfully screamed as Hirata took his stance. I kinda envy his popularity.

Hirata finished the race with a time of 26.13 seconds.

I looked over at Sudou, who was getting all fired up.

Kouenji came to the starting line with a smile while wearing a speedo. All the girls looked away because of what he wore.

On the teacher's count,  He dove into the water and swam effortlessly. And of course he came in first place with a time of 23.22 seconds, Shocking almost everyone.

It was now time for the Final Round. Me, Kouenji, Sudou and some other people lined up at the starting line. On the Teacher's count, all of us dove into the swimming pool.

-
The results were rather obvious. Kouenji came in 1st place, I came in 2nd place and Sudou came in 3rd place.

The swimming classes were now over.

Needless to say all the girls were disgusted at Yamauchi, Ike and others due to their ogling. Especially the first two, Those guys are oblivious to what the girls think about them.

Well, hopefully they improve on their own and with the help I am providing.