Chapter 7 - Class Leader

It was currently break time, Most students were frustrated about not having private points and some academically gifted students were angry as to why they were placed in Class D. Although they have prepared themselves to work hard for the class, Most of them were still in a small uproar, due to the situation and how harsh Chabashira-sensei was with her words.

Seeing the current situation, Hirata got up and headed to the class podium.

"Attention, Everyone. Please listen to me for a moment. "

Hirata instantly took everyone's attention.

"As you all know, We are in a tough situation. However, we can still turn things around."

"Tch, but how?" Sudou spoke with a hint of frustration.

“To do that, we all need to cooperate with each other. So, please, take care not to be late to class or to talk during the lecture. Also, the use of cell phones during class is prohibited, of course.”

"That's supposing our points will increase. If they don’t change at all, then it’s useless.”

“As long as we continue talking during class and being late, our points won’t increase for sure. Although we can’t go below zero points, disruption will, without a doubt, count as strikes against us.”

"Even if we get serious and work hard in class, our points won’t necessarily go up. Besides, do you even know how to increase our class points?” Sudou said annoyed.

He was starting to pack his bag to leave but before he could do that, I spoke up.

"If this school doesn't give it's students a chance to improve, don't you think it's better to drop out?"

Sudou stopped and turned to look at me and tried to speak but I continued.

"There must be a way to increase our Class points, We just don't know it yet. Chabashira-Sensei hid the important details about this school from us for a month, what makes you think she isn't hiding anything else?"

Sudou was left in thought for a moment. Seeing the opportunity, Kushida spoke.

"Akira-kun is right, We just need to find out how to increase our class points."

"Tsk...Alright."

With those words Sudou sat down.

"Thank you Sudou-kun." Hirata said with a sigh of relief.

Good thing Sudou didn't lash out.

"Everyone, I have one more thing to ask of you." Hirata addressed the class once again."A leader will be essential to the class so, could you guys help me decide who the leader should be?"

The class was thought for a moment.

"I think it should be you Hirata-kun."  One girl voiced out her opinion.

"I agree."

"I am fine with that."

All the girls and some of the boys agreed with Hirata being the leader.

Seeing that nobody else was going to protest, Hirata spoke.

"Well...Thank you for making me the leader but I don't think I will be able to handle it alone." Hirata said while scratching his cheek with his index finger. "Which is why I will need some people to help me." Hirata continued.

"I think you should decide who those people are on your own since you are the first class leader." The girl named Kei Karuizawa spoke.

"Yeah."

"Yep."

My classmates voiced out their agreement.

Seeing that, Hirata started thinking and quickly made a decision.
"Ok, I will contact the people who I think should be the class leaders later after class, It will be optional of course, Is that fine with everyone?"

My classmates agreed without hesitation.

After that,  Hirata's announcement ended. He got off the podium and walked towards my seat.

"Akira-kun, Horikita-san, will you consider discussing how to increase our Class Points with me?"

"It's kind of pointless at the moment really, since there is no way to increase our points at the moment." I said.

"Yeah...but I will still try." Hirata said while looking down dejectedly.

Horikita watched our exchange then continued to write something on her paper, ignoring us.

"I think we should focus on stabilizing the class at the moment. You, Kushida and maybe Kei? are perfect for the job."

"Yeah, I have already consulted with Kushida and Kei about that."
"What did they say?"

"They thankfully agreed to help me."

"That's good."

While that conversation was happening many students had already left the class because Hirata's announcement had come to an end.

The break time was now over and we continued our Classes.

-
As Class ended, I got up and headed for the dorms. I was tired so I decided to rest.

I entered my room, placed my bag on a chair and laid down on my bed. I opened my phone to check for messages and It seems I was invited to join a group chat.

It's name was "Class Leaders".

" Hehehe."
Grinning,  I quickly pressed on the accept button.

The group chat was created by Hirata and It consisted of 4 members at the moment. Hirata, Kei, Kushida and Me.

"Hello, Akira-kun." (Hirata)

"Hi, Akira-Kun! (^w^)  " (Kushida)

"Hello." (Akira)

Hirata and Kushida replied after a few moments I entered the group chat. Only the 2 of them were currently online.

I should express my thanks.

"Thank you for adding me here." (Akira)

"No problem." (Hirata)

" So, Is there anything important to discuss as of yet?" (Akira)

" Yes, It's about the test we had recently." (Hirata)

"The one where seven people failed?" (Akira)

" Yes, That one." (Hirata)

"What about it?" (Akira)

I knew what he wanted to say but I played along.

"I want to help them so that they don't get expelled." (Hirata)

"Are you planning to conduct study sessions for them?" (Akira)

"Yes, How did you know?" (Hirata)

"Conducting a study session is the most viable option currently." (Akira)

"True." (Hirata)

" Should we ask everyone in our class to join?" (Kushida)

Kushida joined in on our conversation.

"I don't think everyone will join it but go ahead." (Akira)

" I will try to convince them." (Kushida)

"I will help." (Hirata)

"Alright then, I will help too." (Akira)

"Thank you everyone (^w^) " (Kushida)

After that our conversation came to an end.

If Kushida and Hirata consider me a Class leader, Then they will have no trouble convincing the majority of the class to think the same. With them, handling the class will become a whole lot easier.

After today, I have become one step closer to reaching Class A.

Thinking that, I closed my eyes to take a nap.