One Special Pup

Hey guys I know it's been forever since I updated this one shot series, and I'm kind of redoing this book to put any backstories of my OCs that may not fit in the story they belong to starting with Nala anyways hope you enjoy if you do vote an comment💖

Nala had always been trained to be a police dog. She really didn't want to be though. Yes, she had a great sense of smell and was protective of her litter siblings, but did that really make her catch the eyes of the policemen? Nala was happy. She lived in a tree, but she was happy with her family. Her mother dog and siblings were the best, but they took her anyway.

Police dog training was hard, and the people were rude and hit her with a stick. She just wanted to go home! She wanted the warmth of her family, not the freezing kennel she was in right now, but she would just have to persist. She wasn't going to die in this horrible place that she was sure of.

Nala was small compared to other dogs which made them downsized and they bullied her constantly. Nala hated it here, just because these dogs were bigger breed and apparently that meant they got to be bosses around here even if they didn't know what the heck they were doing. Nala wished she had a friend, but a friend never came

So Nala kept training and fighting and working. Her schedule was a continuous cycle: wake up, eat, train,eat and sleep. . Maybe one day she could stop, but it wouldn't be anytime soon. It was dog eat dog here, and although they took great care of them. Nala still hated it. If they were going to take her at least give her to someone who loved her. There was no point in training her when they didn't even know what breed she was while all the rest were German shepherds and retrievers.

Eventually Nala didn't even count the days she had been trapped here training and working her behind off. They had to stop someday, didn't they? Nala really hoped so otherwise she would be trapped here forever.

........

One day while Nala was training she had messed up on finding a human and was getting beaten for it. It was her fourth month there and she was still learning, but the injuries did sting and scars were left, but that day was one of the happiest days of her life, because that's when Drea came walking through the door.

The woman had dark brown hair tied in a very messy ponytail and was bleeding slowly from a scratch across the right side of her face; the one eye that was opened was dark brown and held a softness she had never seen before in anyone's eyes. She growls, though not wanting to be beaten again because she didn't alert her trainer.

The lady seems to hear her though and walks over the fenced-in area right as her trainer strikes her again. The lady in front of her winces as if she could feel the blow herself, and for once someone stands up for Nala.

"Hey why are you whipping the puppy like that. This is no way to train a police dog!" The woman says, causing the trainer to turn and glare at her.

"And who are you to say that. Why are you even here lady." The trainer asks and Drea glares at him with her good eye.

"I'm detective Drea Mikami. My Captain had a feeling someone was abusing our k9 team and sent me to check, and trust me dudes I'm not someone to mess with, I've come here back to back. From nearly being killed from a bomb the third time this month! I will talk to the Captain, but I think I can safely say your fired." Drea says, looking at Nala.

Nala's heart flutters a bit at the love in the women's eyes despite the clear exhaustion 9 her face. Nala just wags her tail, but when the woman tried to pet her Nala growled.

"It's okay girl, I won't hurt you." Drea whispered and Nala reluctantly let the woman pet her, and boy did it feel good. She of course didn't show it though. People were strange creatures and they could turn on you at any time. "What is her name?" The woman questioned, glaring at the trainer with her good eye.

"The others call her Nala." He answers and Drea nods looking at the headstrong brittany. She felt the need to help her despite the fact her life is crazy enough.

"Well Nala I'm pretty sure we'll be great friends. Let me formally introduce myself. I'm Drea, a detective for the New York Police Department where you'll one day work, and I promise to come around and check on you again." Drea says with so much sincerity, but Nala couldn't help but scoff not fully believing Drea.

.......

But Drea kept true to her word and came around almost every other day, and Nala loved it although she couldn't understand why Drea almost always came in roughed up, but that doesn't matter to Nala. She loved training with this detective and playing a bit as well.

Nala still didn't play often, she was too afraid of getting beaten for it. She was stoic and strong and improved greatly with the new training she was getting, but Drea still went home every night leaving her there.

This went on for a year and a half. It had been a few months since Nala heard anything from Drea or seen her come around. She was a fully trained police dog now and was just waiting for her assignment, and when it came it was the best one, yet hardest one she could imagine.

She was so happy when Drea walked through the door on a warm April day this time a friend was with her and Nala could sense their anxiety. Drea came to her cage and talked to her friend and then unlocked the crate.

"We call her Nala, but you can rename her if you like. She is a fierce and loyal pup and ready to protect. You should take her." Drea says and Nala stands taller knowing this was her chance to get a mission and possibly be around Drea more. It worked and Drea's friend took her home, and she saw Drea nearly every day.

Drea's voice from their first meeting still resounds in her ears ''You were made for bigger things then being in a crate one day you'll save someone." That is exactly what Nala did. She saved tons of people within the three crazy years of some curse she was brought into, but she saves the person who saves her as well.

Nala May have hated her time in training, but as she lies in Drea's lap not a care in the world. She knows that it was all worth it.