Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Underground fight

We are currently in the cafeteria, and I am appreciative of the fact that the students are maintaining a level of quietness

We are currently in the cafeteria, and I am appreciative of the fact that the students are maintaining a level of quietness. It is important to note that August does not tolerate noisy individuals while eating. During my reflection, I recalled a remarkable incident that occurred in our Physical Education class earlier, where Kaia impressively and skillfully caught the dagger that was thrown at her by August. Her persona exudes both coolness and mystique.

Our attention was caught by the entrance of Kaia, who glanced in our direction before placing her order and subsequently selecting a vacant table close to our own. From this vantage point, I am able to discern her selected food items. Unexpectedly, an incoming phone call disrupted the previously peaceful atmosphere, and we could overhear Kaia’s conversation.

Upon speaking to the individual on the phone, the woman exclaimed in a loud tone.

“It is imperative that you locate him. Failure to do so will have severe consequences!” Her threatening manner caused us considerable alarm.

“We can discuss this matter at a later time.” She swiftly composed herself.

“Let’s go.” Subsequently, August directed us to move, and we trailed after him. August was rather reserved and stayed reserved after Elaine’s demise, only Elaine seemed to bring him joy. I glimpsed at August and observed that we followed Kaia, who appeared to be heading towards the forest.

What is the purpose of her being present in the forest when it is prohibited for the students to enter that area? Upon reaching the midpoint of the forest, my acquaintance and I retreated to hide away in a tree. Upon glancing in the direction of Kaia’s location, I was astounded upon finding that she was conversing with none other than Kyle Coleman. It was then that I wondered if they had previous relations.

It should be noted that Kyle Coleman is one of the underground councils that solely consists of men, apart from Jade, who also holds a position in the council as the queen of the underground. My companions also gazed fixedly at the two engaged in a serious dialogue. My suspicions heightened after witnessing Kyle hand a folder to Kaia before departing. Not long after, Kaia herself departed the vicinity.

“Hey, isn’t that Kyle Coleman?” Zachary inquired with a curious tone. All of us acknowledged his inquiry, except for August, who was still glancing at Kaia as she appeared to be heading back inside the classroom.

“It looks like they’re acquainted,” Observed Everett with interest.

“I’m curious, what could be in that folder?” Chase wondered out loud, directing his question to the youngest member of our group.

“Alex, can you run a background check on her?” August asked, so I obliged.

“Come on, let’s check it out,” The eager voice of Chase led the rest of us to follow suit.

We arrived promptly in the classroom and without a moment’s delay, Ms. Malia distributed a worksheet to us. While we were diligently tackling it, Kaia rose abruptly and handed in her worksheet to Ms. Malia, leaving us astonished. We continued our work, persevering until we completed it a few minutes later.

“Time’s up,” Ms. Malia declared, as we submitted our worksheets and sat back down.

“For your information, Mrs. Peterson is in a meeting today. So for now, you have spare time. Just take care not to go outside.” Ms. Malia notified us on her way out. Our classmates erupted into cheers upon hearing her words of freedom. Kaia appeared preoccupied with a folder which Kyle had given her. I was about to investigate further, but then my phone began to vibrate.

Ethan –
Underground, 6:30 PM.

I shared the message with my acquaintances and inquired about our forthcoming adversary. I recollected August’s instructions and proceeded to search for information on Kaia using my laptop. Upon coming across data related to her, a warning emerged unexpectedly. I endeavored to impede the virus from spreading to my laptop, however, my actions were in vain, resulting in the immediate shutdown of my device. In frustration, I depleted my laptop, disregarding my peers’ incredulity.

Subsequently, Kaia’s phone ring, interrupting the commotion. Observing me, I shyly glanced away, to which Everett enquired about my agitation. I responded weakly, citing the virus’ intrusion in my system. Despite my proficiency in information retrieval, Zachary was astounded by my unconventional failure to obtain any information regarding Kaia. The incident was aggravating, as the laptop was relatively new and of limited use.

I have arrived at the parking lot and take some amusement in recollecting the earlier events

I have arrived at the parking lot and take some amusement in recollecting the earlier events. I wish you all the best in attempting to gather information about me, Alex. Furthermore, I proceeded to depart from the school at 5:30 PM, albeit later than anticipated due to a classroom altercation hindering my exit.

Upon arriving home, I expeditiously changed into a black sports bra and leggings, which exposed my tattoo of a sword and crown on my upper left chest. Thereafter, I departed from my abode and promptly arrived at my destination, donning a mask before entering. Upon entering, I observed a commotion, suggesting a physical altercation was ongoing between the two groups. I situated myself in the front row and was able to elude detection thus far.

The upcoming battle is between the Death Punisher Gang and the Black Skull Gang. Based on my assessment, I believe that the former will emerge victorious tonight. The Master of Ceremonies announced the start of the match, pitting the Mortem Gang against an unknown opponent. I stood up and joined the fighters in the ring, only to be met with confusion from the crowd. As I gazed upward, I narrowly avoided a blade aimed at me when Athena and Snow dropped down to join me.

“May I ask for your gang’s name?” Inquired the MC.

“We are the Black Angels Gang,” Athena said.

I shook my head in response to the name given to the announcer by Athena; however, it did not matter as the attendees were not aware of my status as the underground queen. My signature tattoo, a rose with a crown, is located behind my shoulder. The MC declared the fight between the Mortem Gang and the Black Angels Gang, and the spectators cheerfully chanted for Mortem Gang. Two members from the Mortem Gang charged towards Athena and Snow, but both evaded the attacks effortlessly. Snow swiftly made her way behind Archer and inflicted harm on him. Despite Archer’s attempt to flee, Snow pursued and struck him with precision.

I gestured towards Kyle, who was positioned overhead, and instructed him to extinguish the light owing to the matter of great importance that required my attention. The Mortem Gang appeared to have perceived my movement, as their gaze shifted towards Kyle as he departed. As I sensed an incoming threat, I skillfully avoided it.

Suddenly, a dagger was hurled towards me, and Apollo and Black rushed in my direction. However, Athena and Snow quickly impeded their advance, affirming their victory over them. In a flash, the arena was plunged into darkness. Snow and Athena inferred the significance of this occurrence. Despite the darkness, I was able to perceive everyone’s movements. In a swift move, I approached the leader of the Mortem Gang and discreetly deposited an item into his pocket before rendering him unconscious with a decisive blow to the neck. We departed the arena before the illumination was restored.